I think its a Green Onion???

Mothra

I went to an estate sale and bought a jar of what looked like old marbles. I’m new to marble collecting and am trying to learn. Here is one of my finds… I think it’s what’s called a green onion? Not sure of the maker or approximate year made…. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

61E24F78-7634-45AC-B1C2-BD410B506570.jpeg

9A6BA2D3-667A-4705-B6DE-8414BDD9AFB2.jpeg

1357A38F-0316-4D53-8E77-5DDB69A0E411.jpeg

BB00D9F8-502E-45B4-BCD8-B48354C78ECB.jpeg

13431DB6-12F6-43C8-848D-089B63D3F954.jpeg

31 minutes ago, Mothra said:

@Chad G.I’m new to this sorry I was simple meaning it was a green marble with an onion skin look…. Lol I have lots to learn. 

Thank you for the info.

No need to be sorry, no offense meant, were all still learning here, one of the fun parts and something that just comes with this hobby, again "Welcome"

Chad

Welcome Mothra,
Your marble does kinda look like a "green onion"😁 and I agree with Chad that it is a foreign made example. 
There have been discussions in the marble world as to whether or not Master Marble and others were trying to make marbles that resembled hand-made onion skins so you are not far off from that same thinking.
Keep posting, we all love this stuff!
Marble—On!!!

^^ some nice vintage marbles there.

Yet, I still lean toward the green one being a modern marble.  I'd guess that it was included in the mix because that's what most people would do -- put all their pretty marbles together in their one special marble place. 

Peltier Rainbo

image.png.59ad60c3b0a778f1872c2ffe6a64995e.png

Here's your German handmade, this one's called a Lattacinio due to the "webbing" lattice design in the center

image.png.8aaaf298a4eed1923289aa692fc0cbc1.png

Slag marble, not positive on the manufacture, nearly every manufacture made slags @ one time or another

image.png.ed4d3b16eb01256aeb4632b890825be3.png

• Like 1

I got the whole Mayonnaise jar which was full for 10 bucks! Lol I picked them up just because they were like you said all so pretty. I’ll keep posting as I sort through them. I truly know nothing about marbles they just reminded me of my youth. So fun! Thank you all for the info.

• Like 1

I think I'm seeing a Japanese transitional on this one. From the early 1900's.  It's like an American slag but is distinctive enough that we can tell it is Japanese. I would actually like to see a couple more views to make sure it is handgathered as I expect it is.  But the glass texture and color are making me pretty confident about my guess. 

F95CA85D-13F5-479D-A3A0-EAF44D67BEF6.jpeg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mothra said:

I got the whole Mayonnaise jar which was full for 10 bucks!

1 hour ago, Steph said:

put all their pretty marbles together in their one special marble place. 

I will pay ten bucks for any mayonnaise jar full of marbles Mothra. 
Just as Steph says here, it is a common thing to find a mix of old and new today.
This is what the uninformed seller as well as the informed seller will do to get a sale. They get a few here and a few there mix them together and hope for the best.
This is why we continue to try to be informed, to distinguish the uninformed seller from the informed when it comes to a jar/bag/lot/single sale of marbles at least.
I was just last week at a junk dealers place that told me he would not show me any marbles because he did not know enough about them and he knew that they could be worth many dollars. He had them “all at the house” waiting for his marble “guy”. The next day he posted a jar of marbles on his face-book page. What’s-up with that? 
I will go back once again and offer to be his “marble guy”. I have enough marbles really, and offered to give him estimation’s with no sales or offers. (I will take pictures)
I feel a trap—LOL. Marble traps are a good thing! I left there feeling that he trusted me more than when I first arrived at least.
I just love looking now, really I do. I have plenty of time to estimate value for the less informed. I must not have a trusted face when it comes to being a “marble guy”.
I am a Minnie Step---I just love research, on all marbles, old, new and in-between.
I love this stuff! We all do!
Keep posting and continue to,
Marble—On!!!

1 hour ago, Chad G. said:

Peltier Rainbo

image.png.59ad60c3b0a778f1872c2ffe6a64995e.png

Ecco il tuo fatto a mano tedesco, questo si chiama Lattacinio per via del disegno a traliccio "a fettuccia" al centro

image.png.8aaaf298a4eed1923289aa692fc0cbc1.png

Marmo di scorie, non positivo sulla produzione, quasi ogni manifattura produceva scorie una volta o l'altra

image.png.ed4d3b16eb01256aeb4632b890825be3.png

Slag Christensen Agate ( cac)

1 hour ago, Mothra said:

@StephI’ll post some more pictures later today of the marble in hopes it makes it easier to identify. Would knowing the size help in anyway? I notice alot of people putting the sizes of the marbles in their entry. Thank you again.

Size can help a lot with some marble types.  With the very large and very small, the size can quickly narrow down the number of likely manufacturers.

Gotta go with transitional :thup:  

With a handgathered marble, one can usually identify a "top" and a "bottom" of the marble.  A "nine and tail" on one end and  "cutline" on the other end.   I think the top left image here is your cutline.  I still can't say I see the the nine-and-tail part.  But can't think of anything else it would be.  Sticking with Japanese transitional.