All 4 Akro Popeyes?

Jzoook6

Now---search for the types----the editions---the different base glass----the colors, opaque, transparent, iridescent----on and on and on and on--ohh--do not forget the pouches and the little items like the machine type shooters and collector cases as well.

Just search pouches or marble bags on ebay once
Pokémon –On!!

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, akroorka said:

Now---search for the types----the editions---the different base glass----the colors, opaque, transparent, iridescent----on and on and on and on--ohh--do not forget the pouches and the little items like the machine type shooters and collector cases as well.
Pokémon –On!!

No, no, stop!  STOP!!! I can't take anymore! I can't take anymore!!  LOL!  Machine made marbles are enough! Enough!  🌛☄️

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, chicagocyclist said:

Of course, condition counts!!  😃

These are collected on Earth--I mean the whole planet---world---wide--unreal---really un-real.
Get it together if you are an internet seller and pick them up at your local rummage sale.
Knowledge is power. Some of these out sell a good CAC---really!

Marble--On!!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, akroorka said:

These are collected on Earth--I mean the whole planet---world---wide--unreal---really un-real.
Get it together if you are an internet seller and pick them up at your local rummage sale.
Knowledge is power. Some of these out sell a good CAC---really!

Marble--On!!

I will definitely keep my eye out. Thanks!  I got to start going to rummage sales, clearly!!!

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Jzoook6 said:

oh right corkscrews=opaque + translucent and swirls = opaque + opaque?

What is a translucent swirled with a translucent called? a swirl?

Swirls can be opaque, transparent or translucent based same w/ cork screws. 

This is the link for Akro I.D.'s you'll have to maybe investigate the rest of the site & kinda check out the general definitions, Bobs site is long standing and accurate.

MCSA LINK ::     https://www.marblecollecting.com/marble-reference/online-marble-id-guide/akro-agate-co/

The most common and easily recognizable Akro Agate marble is the Corkscrew. This is a variegated-stream marble whose design is unique to Akro Agate. Two or more streams of colored glass were allowed to enter through the marble-making machine’s shearing mechanism at the same time. Because the different colors were layered as they came out of the furnace and because the colors were of different densities, they created separate strata in the glass stream as it entered the shearing mechanism. Just before the shearing mechanism in the Akro machinery there was a small cup with a hole in the bottom. The glass stream entered the cup from the top and passed through the hole in the bottom into the shearing mechanism. If the cup was spinning, then a corkscrew was created. If the cup was not spinning, then a patch was created. The number of different colored spirals in the corkscrew, or the number of different color patches was determined by the number of nozzles that had glass flowing through them when the glass stream was created.

Corkscrews are identifiable as being two or more spirals of color that rotate around the marble from one pole to the other, but do not intersect. Different color combinations and designs were marketed by Akro Agate under a variety of names: Prize Name (two opaque colors), Special (three or more opaque colors), Ace (one opaque color and translucent milky white), Spiral (transparent clear base with colored spiral), Onyx (transparent color base with opaque white spiral). In addition, other names have been applied by children and collectors over the years: Snake (a Spiral or Onyx where the opaque or colored glass is on the surface and just below it), Ribbon (a Spiral or Onyx where the opaque or colored glass goes almost to the center of the marble), “Ades” (types of Aces with fluorescent base glass), and Popeye (a specific type of Special commonly found in Popeye marble boxes).

Two-colored white-based Prize Names are the most common corkscrew type. This is followed by two-colored color-based Prize Names, Onyx, Spirals, three-color Specials, Aces, four-color Specials, and five- color Specials. Although I have heard of six color corkscrews, I have never actually seen an example where the sixth color was not actually a blend of two of the other colors. If a true six-color Special exists, then it is extremely rare. Any corkscrew over 1” is extremely rare.

You should be very aware that the color and design combinations of corkscrews is almost limitless. You could easily amass a collection of several hundred corkscrews, of which no two would be the exact same color combination or pattern.

1 hour ago, Jzoook6 said:

Ok thank you. sorry for all the unnecessary questions! will try and use more guides for sure. 

No unnecessary questions, no need to be sorry, I just gave the guide as an added resource for ya, ask away , I can't type that much w/o fat fingering the keys so very convenient for me also, I have the site saved to my favorites for quick access.

• Like 1
  • Award 1

19 hours ago, Chad G. said:

No unnecessary questions, no need to be sorry, I just gave the guide as an added resource for ya, ask away , I can't type that much w/o fat fingering the keys so very convenient for me also, I have the site saved to my favorites for quick access.

Thank you for retrieving that Chad!  On AAM, I was talking about the process as best as I could with my new knowledge and could not find the documentation that there were spinning cups that had a hole in the bottom that the glass ingot dropped through and somewhere it's the spinning cup that tipped.  I could not find where the info was to support me statements.  I read and saw so much in a very short period of time... So I have saved this as well!!

• Like 1

Akro graphite Spinner Cup.

DSC01974.JPG.27d30c7531b87083291c46ae4ae1062a.JPGDSC01975.JPG.37ee5f14ea16e5d83002d4a1859aa367.JPGDSC01976.JPG.cc857831ec211efbe37dad16d3dd21e5.JPG

DSC01978.JPG.ffa52ac44dc37acbfa4e25b386c49da6.JPG

I have seen a few of these from other diggers and what the Hardy's have.  Pictured above is this one with a 5/8 inch marble. Which would not fall through the bottom. The majority that I have seen are this size. I have only seen a couple larger ones. The marble would have to be a pee wee to fall through the hole in the bottom of this spinner cup. How many pee wee corkscrews do you have ?  

• Like 2