All Heaton Purples? .56-62

Jzoook6

2 hours ago, cheese said:

All. The base on these can vary a lot. In color and in transparency.

and sizes as well? Are the heatons noticibly different than the Alleys in-hand? Like does/would one stick out in the group in the photo below? Or could there be some sleeper Heatons hiding in that pile?  Thank you for your help!  

Screen Shot 2022-12-07 at 10.29.33 PM.png

I don't know of any Heatons with this color combo. Not that there couldn't be.

These Alleys are prolific and range in size from peewee to shooter and larger. The base can range from having lots to little clear, white, tan, grey, mixtures of those, some green or blue, etc...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, cheese said:

I don't know of any Heatons with this color combo. Not that there couldn't be.

These Alleys are prolific and range in size from peewee to shooter and larger. The base can range from having lots to little clear, white, tan, grey, mixtures of those, some green or blue, etc...

Hmm maybe I am thinking of Cairo? Heres the closest purple Heaton I could find from westvirginiamarbles.com: 

Screen Shot 2022-12-08 at 12.09.19 PM.png

Yeah that's one of mine. I don't know of any Cairos close to the ones being discussed either. I'd say 95% of the lavender-purple and white swirls you'll see will be Alley. Maybe more. Alley used purple at Sistersville, Pennsboro, and St. Mary's. Here are a couple photos of some purples from Cairo. Note the simple plain swirl, no fancy stuff. Cairos don't swirl around as much as Alleys in general. 

DSCN6675.jpg

DSCN8520.jpg

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cheese said:

Yeah that's one of mine. I don't know of any Cairos close to the ones being discussed either. I'd say 95% of the lavender-purple and white swirls you'll see will be Alley. Maybe more. Alley used purple at Sistersville, Pennsboro, and St. Mary's. Here are a couple photos of some purples from Cairo. Note the simple plain swirl, no fancy stuff. Cairos don't swirl around as much as Alleys in general. 

DSCN6675.jpg

DSCN8520.jpg

wow that green and purple!!!!! Thank you for sharing!! I am particularly fond of the plain purple ones. I don't think I have any as swirly as yours, alas. 

IMG_D0BD005D7A05-1.jpeg

2 hours ago, cheese said:

Killer cullet cheese! It looks like it will light up a bit.

Thanks for sharing everything.

Marble--On!!

• Like 1