Vacor ? 9/16"

Scooter

Michaelangelo not although it is Vacor. , But,IDK if they discontinued this surface back then,  made at the time they came out. IDK which name yours has but do know whenever Vacor made Michealangelo's some of their verities which included Michaelangelo had the same frosted surface too. I have a Michel from, like 22 years ago, or whenever first made, in a 5-10 cent each box of new marbles, I'd thought different than others for the surface and sample example. 

Here I have posted a “Frosted  Michelangelo”. It is not an easy find but as you can tell it is just a version of the Michelangelo that has been tumbled. This one came from a friend overseas—love it. Vacor has made many different runs of this type.
Vacor has made a number of “tumbled marbles” in a variety of models. Some are rare to find in the USA.
The one that I post here looks like a well used version of a Michelangelo but trust me it was sold this way.
@wvrons has told us for years about the uselessness of trying to tumble marbles in any device; this is just an example of that in a much more extensive way.
Vacor does what they do, perhaps these were rejects that were recycled—I do not know.
If they were recycled, I applaud them. I just know that some are hard to find in the USA.
I posted an image of some other Vacors that came from overseas. The Hurricanes are a rare one to find as well.
Yours may be a Michelangelo that tumbled a bit too much, or was weak in colors to start with.
Marble—On!!

Final.jpg

one.JPG

two.JPG

• Like 1

There are other ways to frost or rough up the surface of marbles, other than a rock tumbler.  They look frosted because they are not smooth,  Acid may do it ? Saltwater and time will do it. A three head polishing machine will do it but one at a time.   

• Like 1

On 12/9/2022 at 10:50 AM, Jeff54 said:

Michaelangelo not although it is Vacor. , But,IDK if they discontinued this surface back then,  made at the time they came out. IDK which name yours has but do know whenever Vacor made Michealangelo's some of their verities which included Michaelangelo had the same frosted surface too. I have a Michel from, like 22 years ago, or whenever first made, in a 5-10 cent each box of new marbles, I'd thought different than others for the surface and sample example. 

Thank for your reply. Can you tell me what " IDK " stands for ?