Red/Blue/Brown? Swirl

Jzoook6

9 minutes ago, Ric said:

I don't think JABO or Pletier - Alley or CAC is more likely but I am on the fence as to which it is maybe leaning slightly toward CAC.

I think you are right- I just noticed the super sharp cut line in the middle pic of the right column. 

16 hours ago, wvrons said:

I think it may fall into the Alley Strawberry Shortcake. White base with red to pink swirls with light brown or tan.  Strawberry shortcake colors..   

Even if the base is bright blue? Thank you 🙏

That is one that I cannot recall seeing before. I agree, not a Peltier or a Jabo.

Ric may be onto something with CAC.

I paged through the book "Collecting Early Machine-made Marbles by Robert S.Block and there a few pictured that are close.

Marble--On!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, akroorka said:

That is one that I cannot recall seeing before. I agree, not a Peltier or a Jabo.

Ric may be onto something with CAC.

I paged through the book "Collecting Early Machine-made Marbles by Robert S.Block and there a few pictured that are close.

Marble--On!!

Thank you for looking into it! It really is quite mysterious. Do you think additional pics would help?

IDK, my screen's Tilt to see blue doesn't function unless I stand on my head.😀 I don't see any blue yet sometimes when another color is below thin white, it happens. 

And I agree that the red is just blending into the sides of the ribbon. That wide, fat ribbon appears to border red, blend to brown then centers with white, back to brown and ends with red, does catch my attention as that's something; 'very fat ribbon on/in a swirl',  you may find on a CAC.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jeff54 said:

IDK, my screen's Tilt to see blue doesn't function unless I stand on my head.😀 I don't see any blue yet sometimes when another color is below thin white, it happens. 

And I agree that the red is just blending into the sides of the ribbon. That wide, fat ribbon appears to border red, blend to brown then centers with white, back to brown and ends with red, does catch my attention as that's something; 'very fat ribbon on/in a swirl',  you may find on a CAC.

Is this any better? I'm pretty sure its blue. 

IMG_6CBAFD9C5BBB-1.jpeg

6 hours ago, akroorka said:

You have to remember that the books generally show the best examples--this one is a good one-really good.

Marble--On!!

32 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Colors are close. But red and brown are different. The pattern is totally different.  No red color bleed in Blocks auction one.  

oh yea totally different-- I had to read the listing to see if they had described it as white or blue because it was similarly hard to tell. 

32 minutes ago, akroorka said:

You have to remember that the books generally show the best examples--this one is a good one-really good.

Marble--On!!

Yes of course! but books are a lot harder to get a hold of. Which is your favorite/best? I have the ubiquitous Block one and some digital copies of Everett Grist's guides. I have been meaning to look up that Alley one you mentioned. 

Books?

It depends on what you are looking for, these that I mention are good all around starts.

There are a lot of great ones and they all are dated--history wise--not so much image wise.

My favorite is my last purchase--the Alley book--not cheap but a good investment, it does focus on Alley Marbles.

The best for a variety of images, well there are many----- "Marble Mania" by Stanley Block is not too shabby.

I like "American Machine Made Marbles" for a good variety of history and images.

As always, all opinions are welcomed and appreciated.

Marble--On!!

• Like 1

I am biased but no getting around it American Machine Made Marbles, large blue paper back. It is the most up to date and through detailed history of all the machine made companies. It also has many pictures. But not just a book of named marbles pictures.  Do not buy the book Popular American Marbles by the same authors as American Machine Made Marbles.  It is a cheaper marble picture book. The pictures are bad and not worth the money.  Some of the Alley picture books are repeats of the same exact pictures in other Alley picture books.  These are mainly just pictures of Alley marbles. The detailed L.E. Alley history is in the first book done by Larry Alley. It is a large green paperback .   

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, wvrons said:

I am biased but no getting around it American Machine Made Marbles, large blue paper back. It is the most up to date and through detailed history of all the machine made companies. It also has many pictures. But not just a book of named marbles pictures.  Do not buy the book Popular American Marbles by the same authors as American Machine Made Marbles.  It is a cheaper marble picture book. The pictures are bad and not worth the money.  Some of the Alley picture books are repeats of the same exact pictures in other Alley picture books.  These are mainly just pictures of Alley marbles. The detailed L.E. Alley history is in the first book done by Larry Alley. It is a large green paperback .   

6 minutes ago, akroorka said:

This is the Alley book that I refer to. Just a nice book to hold, read, look at and enjoy.

11x9" Hardcovered.

Marble--On!!

Aley book.jpg

Thank you! I will look these up. I have a bazillion books on other types of glass, but not had a lot of luck tracking down a lot of marble books. Hoping to find some out in the wild honestly. So until then, you all are stuck with me. 

He also has a red one, and a black one, a little different cover blue one, all which all have most of the same exact pictures.  I think the one above may have been his last one ?  Each one was finding a cheaper printing price.  

• Like 1