Jump to content

ID please


Melissa
 Share

Recommended Posts

Arranging them in a 2 x 2  square or 3 x 2 rectangle, and using a less reflective background surface would both be good for getting more marble in better detail in the photos. 

However, I  jjust remembered to click on these and englarge and the detail is pretty good. :)

I think Akro on bottom.  

And because of the seams and general patch shape, Akro on top.  

 

The middle three look more generic.   Looking athe enlarge version, I'm leaning Vitro on those but wouldn't be surprised if the top two of the three turned out to be Marble King. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Steph said:

Arranging them in a 2 x 2  square or 3 x 2 rectangle, and using a less reflective background surface would both be good for getting more marble in better detail in the photos. 

However, I  jjust remembered to click on these and englarge and the detail is pretty good. :)

I think Akro on bottom.  

And because of the seams and general patch shape, Akro on top.  

 

The middle three look more generic.   Looking athe enlarge version, I'm leaning Vitro on those but wouldn't be surprised if the top two of the three turned out to be Marble King. 

What color background is preferred?  Black or white?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The leather might in theory be too textured.  The theory is that the camera needs to not think it's the background texture that it needs to focus on, so that it's more willing to focus on the marble.

But really, your enlarged views show very nice detail.   Don't worry about me sitting over here being late to the show.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I like the leather a lot better, and if you could crop the pic before you upload it we probably wouldn't have to click and zoom as much.

And every time I see that yellow marble it looks a bit different - I may well be losing it. lol

But it's never a bad idea to compare your pics to the marble in hand just to be sure the pics are a true to the marble.

image.thumb.png.063eb2cb4ded7f4de97b9c138a616698.png

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Steph said:

Arranging them in a 2 x 2  square or 3 x 2 rectangle, and using a less reflective background surface would both be good for getting more marble in better detail in the photos. 

However, I  jjust remembered to click on these and englarge and the detail is pretty good. :)

I think Akro on bottom.  

And because of the seams and general patch shape, Akro on top.  

 

The middle three look more generic.   Looking athe enlarge version, I'm leaning Vitro on those but wouldn't be surprised if the top two of the three turned out to be Marble King. 

It's quite unexpected that the photos when clicked on give you a higher resolution then the one that is displayed in the original post. That helps enormously.  Thank you, Steph!!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Ric's picture is what it should look like. But he has been doing this a few years.  Even the two pictures above with the yellow, the backgrounds look like two different colors. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had to do some comparison. But I think the clear with yellow orange and white marble, is probably Champion. Ravenswood has a rare one that is very similar.  But those are not as bright of colors and seem to be more busy swirling inside. Those don't show as much white as the one above.  But still possible, I am going with 55% chance of Champion and 45% Ravenswood. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Ric said:

I like the leather a lot better, and if you could crop the pic before you upload it we probably wouldn't have to click and zoom as much.

And every time I see that yellow marble it looks a bit different - I may well be losing it. lol

But it's never a bad idea to compare your pics to the marble in hand just to be sure the pics are a true to the marble.

image.thumb.png.063eb2cb4ded7f4de97b9c138a616698.png

I totally agree.  It's a slow thing, to photograph a marble.  Not a quick thing.  I have dashed off a photo here and there but really not been effective. I do actually take it, like you suggest, in hand and look at the photo and try to adjust the colors the brightness the contrast in order to make the photo look the best that I can to the original one that's in my hand.  That's why photo taking of marbles is a slow process!!  I have a background in photography, copy stand photography and videography and believe me it becomes so much like my old job when I go to take photos!  I know how much time it takes to put those marble books together!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...