Purple swirl .61

Jeremysvt

Ravenswood and Alley both made marbles like this and they are very difficult to tell apart, especially from pictures. If there are slight blue tones on the base glass, as it looks here, I would lean Ravenswood. If not, I would lean Alley. But based on these photos, it is a tough call either way.

Ravenswood. All the clear the blue tone and the twisting folding inside and through with the layers and folds. It is the combination. You might find some of it on many swirls but put it all together with the colors and it makes Ravenswood. Alley has some very close this color combo but lacking that much clear, no blue tone. With these color combo Alleys the twist or swirling stays more to or near the surface. Ravenswood used a lot of Ponds Cold Creme jars for white cullet. I think that white gives off the blue tone in many Ravenswoods. Many times it looks like a small thin line of blue.  But look at the blue with a loupe and the blue goes away. It is a blue reflection of something in the white glass.  

• Like 2