Tiger Eye ?

Fire1981

1 minute ago, wvrons said:

I agree three colors, one pole lavender, one pole white , and two ribbons around the middle of the same blue color. Would be a very rare and unusual Type One Tiger Eye.  Two different colors of blue  around the middle would not be unusal. 

Now I'm just going to goof with you . . . Maybe it would be a very rare and unusual Type II with a white patch on the bottom pole. lol

Vitro Tiger eyes. White is the main key.

Type One has a white pole.

Type two has no white.

Type three has one or two white ribbons around the middle.

Type four is opaque white base.  

Just now, wvrons said:

Vitro Tiger eyes. White is the main key.

Type One has a white pole.

Type two has no white.

Type three has one or two white ribbons around the middle.

Type four is opaque base.  

I doubt Art Fisher knew that.

2 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Chuck Brandstetter discovered that after two years of cataloging thousands of Tiger eyes.  Art just made cheap toys, to make it complicated and confuse us.  

This is typical of humans . . . we try to make nice tidy rules about how things are supposed to be but there are always exceptions that muddle everything up. lol

That's why I was saying that a Type I with two ribbons of the same color around the equator or a Type II with a white bottom patch are the same marble as long as the top patch and equatorial ribbons are the same.

This one below is not the same as a Tiger Eye with white.  Made the same way, the same construction, just different placement of colors.  That is how the Tiger eyes are separated.  The type two (no white) is more valuable than any with white.  They are also separated by value, by collectors. That was part of Chuck's discovery. He called me all excited and said there is a Tiger Eye with no white and they are so much more rare to find. 

Type two in the back. Black pole - blue pole - two yellow ribbons around the middle. No white. 

DSC02641.JPG

Probably six hours of time and 32 or more post and we still don't know what the original marbles is ?   All for a 25 cents or less marble.  People told me 20 years ago that I was crazy to do this.  

I just ran a skunk out of the yard. The problem is a coyote got him. I heard him squeal twice and now I have to smell him.  The night just gets better. 

• Haha 2

Type 2s are definitely harder to find - I'll have to see if I have one with those particular colors. But you know me - I won't be getting into the archives until tomorrow, it's already way past my bedtime. lol

I'm going to bring some examples to the Decatur show and we can have some more discussion then. Hopefully, you'll still talk to me. lol

1 minute ago, wvrons said:

Probably six hours of time and 32 or more post and we still don't know what the original marbles is ?   All for a 25 cents or less marble.  People told me 20 years ago that I was crazy to do this.  

I just ran a skunk out of the yard. The problem is a coyote got him. I heard him squeal twice and now I have to smell him.  The night just gets better. 

You'd think a coyote would have more sense.

@Fire1981 FWIW, I have seen these marbles in hand. There is one right front in this group. It's not as nice as yours and the ribbon placement is a bit different but it still intended to have  pink and white polar patches with blue equatorial ribbons. My guess is that these predate Tiger Eyes and may have even been produced at Vienna.

https://marbleconnection.com/uploads/monthly_2022_03/Ric961.jpg.e40131ed624d69bbbddd7f1bcac8df43.jpg

Maybe an easier way to say it is that I think the lower right marble could have easily come out looking just like yours. 🙂