Tiger Eye ?

Fire1981

Tiger Eyes usually have at least three colors (including white) and if it's veneered, it should be apparent with back-lighting - might be a Whitie.

Ha! I mis-read your opening statement. If it's veneered it probably is a Whitie - the veneered version.

Vitro Tiger Eyes have a band all the way around the middle and three or four colors. Vitro Whities have a colored band other than white, all the way around the middle on a(old)white base or(later)clear with white veneer base. 

Whities

1249458256_DSC02173(1).JPG.7e6bc4a5a6a7060fc6ccadf3b90b42da.JPG

324556231_DSC02175(1).JPG.6281dd8203a25b0c98f1d8ef42928c80.JPG

• Award 2

Is it opaque base ? Is it transparent base ?   It looks blue base with pink patch. Does a colored band or ribbon go all the way around the middle ?  I thought all Whities had main color as whiite(the name whitie)and a different color band all the way around the middle  

The pictures are bright and some washed out, light reflection. But it looks like it is blue to me. No way from the pictures can I tell if it is veneered or not ?  It would have to be backlit. 

Rick says it's veneered so if the top patch has color, and if the bottom patch is white (like it looks to me), would that make it like a Type I Tiger Eye with two blue equatorial ribbons?

I may need to calibrate the color on my monitor.

Vitro Whites have opaque white base(not a patch) or a clear base with veneered white. Or white on both poles with a different colored equatorial band around the middle. All Whitie shave the main color as white. 

Is the main base color white ?  Whities do not have a patch of color they have a colored band or ribbon around the middle. 

5 minutes ago, wvrons said:

Vitro Whites have opaque white base(not a patch) or a clear base with veneered white. Or white on both poles with a different colored equatorial band around the middle. All Whitie shave the main color as white. 

Is the main base color white ?  Whities do not have a patch of color they have a colored band or ribbon around the middle. 

Oh, I know this Ron. My problem was that the top and bottom poles both looked white to me and there appears to be blue around the equator. But I just adjusted the color on my monitor and now it does look like there is a pinkish patch on the top pole.

As we said, Type I Tiger eye usually has three or four colors.  If the top patch has color and the bottom is white. Where is the third or fourth color ?  Tiger Eyes have a patch of color on each pole and a band or two connecting ribbons around the middle.  

I don't think it fits Whitie or Tiger Eye.   

We can only give identifications by the pictures we see.  I am not even sure it is Vitro ?  Maybe Rick will answer my four questions?

Is it opaque ?

Is it transparent ?

Does it have white ?

Does it have a ribbon or two connecting ribbons around the middle ?   

I pulled these out of what I sorted through my Tiger Eyes and didn’t really think they were Whites. I’m not that schooled in Vitro types like All Reds,Blackies and all the others. I just thought this color combo separated them from the ones in my group pics. 🔥

RAR

3BCA598F-9CCE-4B75-87DF-C8711867A3C8.jpeg

643FED09-F67A-4EAE-B5C8-F1E3E412CD93.jpeg

4EA682A2-8E44-4FB0-866D-8C03ECD72DCE.jpeg

I was scratching my head. I know that you know Vitros well. It is the pictures and the color. I saw mainly blue with pink. You saw white rather than pink and blue around the middle. Identifying marbles  by pictures is a cake walk, LOL !   Anyone can do it.  

@wvrons I'm back on track - my monitor was off. It's obvious to me now.

Related question, but a little different:

Have you ever seen a transparent-based Vitro with a colored top patch, a white bottom patch, and two equatorial ribbons of the same color?

That's what I was driving at with the question about a Type I Tiger Eye with two equatorial ribbons of the same color.

So it has only two colors Pastel lavender and powder blue ? If that is true it cannot be a Tiger eye.  I have no idea what a set of Vitro Off Set seams are ?  Every Tiger Eye or Whitie will have two usually straight cut lines opposite each other. One on each side or half of the marble.     

16 minutes ago, wvrons said:

So it has only two colors Pastel lavender and powder blue ? If that is true it cannot be a Tiger eye.  I have no idea what a set of Vitro Off Set seams are ?  Every Tiger Eye or Whitie will have two usually straight cut lines opposite each other. One on each side or half of the marble.     

You're the one that taught me about offset seams! lol

It's how some Vitros get the twist in them . . . if you look at the marble with the top patch up and just spin it on its axis like a globe, one seam will be like -- and the other like |.

And what I think Rick is saying is that this marble has a pink top patch a white bottom patch and two baby blue equatorial ribbons on a clear transparent base.

Tiger eye with one white pole, a different color pole, and two ribbons around the middle the same color.  That depends on the color placements.  Yes a white pole, a blue pole and two yellow ribbons around the middle.  But not a blue pole and a white pole, with two white ribbons around the middle.   

We just need some more and better pictures of the cut lines and ribbons around the middle of the original marble in question.  

I see it does have three colors, Pastel Lavender - Powder Blue - White.       Ric did not see Lavender or pink and I did not see any White.  The white to me looked like bright light reflection.    

I give ! 

@wvrons It's been fun though! lol

And why not a Type I with two equatorial ribbons of the same color - I know it would be unusual and doesn't really fit the definition of a Type I (because they are supposed to have two different color equatorial ribbons) but it sure seams like a possibility to me.

I agree three colors, one pole lavender, one pole white , and two ribbons around the middle of the same blue color. Would be a very rare and unusual Type One Tiger Eye(not true type 1).  Two different colors of blue  around the middle would not be unusual. He has one of those in his group pictures. That marble is a Type one Tiger Eye. It has two different colors around the middle. That marble has four colors, not three.