Alley?

Melissa

Not sure they're all the same maker.  Top right is darker tan and ribbons are lighter green and more opaque than the ones on the left.  Bottom right is lighter green and also more opaque than the left four, and does that bottom right base glass have a bit of green tinge?  Does this matter? I do not know.  

I remember for a long time being confident that the tan and green combo at the top right was Alley, but then having to erase that confidence when someone else such as Ron firmly identified one as something else.  Was that something Heaton? Ravenswood? Jabo?   I do not recall.

2 minutes ago, Steph said:

Not sure they're all the same maker.  Top right is darker tan and ribbons that have are lighter green and more opaque than the ones on the left.  Bottom right is lighter green and also more opaque than the left four.  Does this matter? I do not know.  

I remember for a long time being confident that the tan and green combo at the top right was Alley, but then having to erase that confidence when someone else such as Ron firmly identified one as something else.  Was that something Heaton? Ravenswood? Jabo?   I do not recall.

Bottom right does look different now that you mention it. 

AFAIK, Ravenswood, Alley and JABO all made similar - another one of those cases where caution is advised when trying to ID them. I used to be able to sort them with some confidence but I lost interest in them and with that, I lost the specifics. I would have to go back into the archives and try to relearn how to sort them - maybe someday they will interest me enough to do that.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ric said:

AFAIK, Ravenswood, Alley and JABO all made similar - another one of those cases where caution is advised when trying to ID them. I used to be able to sort them with some confidence but I lost interest in them and with that, I lost the specifics. I would have to go back into the archives and try to relearn how to sort them - maybe someday they will interest me enough to do that.

Maybe I’ll just put them in my wv swirl general population. ;)

Just now, Melissa said:

Maybe I’ll just put them in my wv swirl general population. ;)

For now anyway. And maybe I'll dip in the archives later to see if I can re-remember how to sort them. Of course, Ron might come along and sort them in an instant. lol

• Thanks 1