What do ya call this one🧐 ?

Tommy

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

I could see Cairo too. What does the underside of the white ribbons look like - the part exposed to the base? Are they smooth or does it look like someone dragged a fork through them?

They are smooth👍

If it is any Cairo ivory it has to glow from the certain limited dirty white or ivory white Vitrolite cullet used in making it. Most Cairo Novelty similar to this have a clear base, not tinted yellow, with white swirl.  The seedy bad glass would be unusual for CAC. Maybe Champion or Alox ? You can eliminate some but probably not down to only one maker.  Typical of most transparent base and single color WV swirls.   Where is the yellow tint coming from ?   

9 minutes ago, wvrons said:

If it is any Cairo ivory it has to glow from the certain limited dirty white or ivory white Vitrolite cullet used in making it . . .

I just want to clarify, Ron. Not all of the white Cairo used glowed, right? Didn't they use Pond's jars too?

No not every Cairo that has white will glow. Only the ones that has been labeled Ivory. That is because of that certain limited dirty white Vitrolite cullet. Which I think Jackson and Davis shared one dump truck load.  I am 100% sure the ivory marbles at the Cairo Novelty site were all made at Jackson and Davis companies, not far away.  Then ended up at the Cairo Novelty site after both of those two companies closed.  Cairo did not use Ponds's jars. but lots of other non glowing white from Fenton and white Vitrolite thats does not glow, plus others. I can match exact any group of three or six so called Ivories found at Cairo with dug Jackson or Davis. Dave McCullough with over 30 years of making marbles tried for many years to copy another companies marbles. He came close one time while at Champion. He was trying to copy Ravenswoods. They still confuse people today and will for years.  I don't think Cairo Novelty copied Jacksons and Davis exact. Especially when Jackosn and Davis were so limited in numbers of varieties made.  Call them Cairo ivories but they are Jackson and Davis to me.  I sent some of my dug Jackson and Davis to the last Cairo dig. The diggers compared the ivories that they dug and what I sent Jackson and Davis marbles and no one could separate them.  

Ravenswoods or Champions ?

DSC05027.JPG.4743043556be37a357296685c2ab1d29.JPG

DSC01741.JPG.d77f07eb8edb219a421191e30a2a31f5.JPG

DSC01756.JPG.4f1cd2bb2872cab3f614c1927d2eb53c.JPG

DSC01773.JPG.173d1c7feea490a43d50c2b2be29afe0.JPGDSC02827.JPG.e7a8b92e0a63f6c9379bc6177794ee7f.JPGDSC00935.JPG.8e6a82ff2c562100fa4efb525b57df59.JPG

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, wvrons said:

If it is any Cairo ivory it has to glow from the certain limited dirty white or ivory white Vitrolite cullet used in making it. Most Cairo Novelty similar to this have a clear base, not tinted yellow, with white swirl.  The seedy bad glass would be unusual for CAC. Maybe Champion or Alox ? You can eliminate some but probably not down to only one maker.  Typical of most transparent base and single color WV swirls.   Where is the yellow tint coming from ?   

Base glass is yellow