Need help Identifying...

simplysmith

"Welcome to Marble Connection Brian"    :wave2:

Cane cut Handmade Germans 

image.png.58d33611c07d33e23a16ce1ea5d9e483.png

image.png.a55d891ee5dded3b1500c8a1004c1969.png

image.png.1929a62666878e2a993580d6878486b8.png

The large one might be German as well but I'm leaning more to contemporary @ this point, the rest appear to be machine mades from several different manufacturers, Peltier, Vitro, looks like a couple Akro and @ least one slag. There are some others but can't make a positive from one single view.

Just guessing but this one (from what I can see of it) appears to be a clay marble (called a Bennington ?)

image.png.57dbfed52c3f3c3b2a657645495b044d.png

Some more closeup and in depth pix w/ 3 or 4 different views of each marble showing any seams if possible are needed for a concise  ID. & evaluation. Size can play a large roll also, measurements in fractions of an inch are best.

Others will stop by w/ more ID's for ya, condition is 99% of value, rarity taking the other 1%

I really appreciate you getting back to me so fast. After finding these and looking at marbles.... Might have to start joining the community and collect. Some of these marbles are amazing in design/art. 

I will get some pictures of some and will post today.

Thanks again.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, simplysmith said:

I really appreciate you getting back to me so fast. After finding these and looking at marbles.... Might have to start joining the community and collect. Some of these marbles are amazing in design/art. 

I will get some pictures of some and will post today.

Thanks again.

Welcome to the forum. You have a lot of nice marbles and are off to a good start. :)

Good bunch of vintage marbles - just a few JABOs in the mix, I think . . .

1) a Cat's Eye - maybe Heaton, tough to tell from these pics.

2) typical blue Master Brushed Patch.

3) pretty little German hand-made laticino.

4) another German hand-made solid core.

5) German hand-made "Peppermint"

6) A cool looking big one - I'll be interested to hear what others have to say about it. I am thinking it's contemporary - perhaps Bulgarian, but I am not 100% sure.

7) Looks like a stone - maybe agate?

8-10) I believe these are all JABO Classics made between 1992 and 2008.

11-12) West Virginia Swirls (WVSs)

13) Vitro Conqueror, one of the most common vintage Vitros you will find.

• Award 1

2 hours ago, simplysmith said:

Might have to start joining the community and collect. Some of these marbles are amazing in design/art. 

That's what totally surprised me when I first started collecting, how beautiful and artistic they were.  Especially machine made ones being cranked out it 200 or 250 a minute!!!