Vitro Black & Blue

Kimbernugs

Fraid this photo is so old the Graphics are poor. Jill Spencer-dug-up, Paden City piles. Circa; Based on the types of patch and ribbons  (bees, boy and girl scout, hybrids variations of water melons and hybrid spiders) she'd find within: Early 1960's, 2nd edition of the Hercules. She only found a few of them.

__tn_Hercules.jpg.2e7ecf7b46cf00887f9abe61dcd0b125.jpg

Better photo: Ray Tetrick  '1stopmibshop' found some mint examples with a bunch of hybrids and stuff., dug-up under a farmer's shed, or something like that, in 2010. There's 2 in this photo he'd sent me.

303963476_RayTrretricMKfindhybridsandHurkules.jpg.ee0ac8c8a52af567d7ba9686f4305afa.jpg

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jeff54 said:

Fraid this photo is so old the Graphics are poor. Jill Spencer-dug-up, Paden City piles. Circa Based on the types of patch and ribbons she'd find within: Early 1960's, 2nd edition of the Hercules.

__tn_Hercules.jpg.2e7ecf7b46cf00887f9abe61dcd0b125.jpg

Better photo: Ray Tetrick  '1stopmibshop' found some mint examples with a bunch of hybrids and stuff., dug-up under a farmer's shed, or something like that, in 2010. There's 2 in this photo he'd sent me.

303963476_RayTrretricMKfindhybridsandHurkules.jpg.ee0ac8c8a52af567d7ba9686f4305afa.jpg

Oh wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. I was having a hard time finding this design and now I know exactly what it is and when it was made. You rock!

5 hours ago, Kimbernugs said:

Oh wow! Thank you so much for taking the time to post this. I was having a hard time finding this design and now I know exactly what it is and when it was made. You rock!

They are pretty rare. Jill's better or rarer marbles, like mine, were hardly ever mint. Mint minus at best but, usually rare stuff would be in the upper near mint range. The site she dug at had several reasons to have been disturbed when dumped and rainwater streams to move them around.

Alternatively, I don't know exactly how many Ray found. I say 2nd addition because the patch and ribbon Hercules was extremely low production. This is a two patch and until Ray found some, there were vary few ever seen, which is why the uncertainty and lack of ID on the net. 

Potentially, yours came from an eBay sale; resold by somebody who'd picked up what he'd found and sold privately too? Because Ray sold maybe 30 of them at ebay as well.

But, Maybe he found 30-50 of these. He'd also found 100's, IDK maybe 500 or more  early 60's patch and ribbon Wasp. Boy scout and bees and a few practically never seen and others  in pristine condition. These would be early 60's too. 

345456815_RayTrretricMKfindhybridsandearly60-s.jpg.8f5d6d783e6d56b0efeee719b1e77d29.jpg

• Award 2

5 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

They are pretty rare. Jill's better or rarer marbles, like mine, were hardly ever mint. Mint minus at best but, usually rare stuff would be in the upper near mint range. The site she dug at had several reasons to have been disturbed when dumped and rainwater streams to move them around.

Alternatively, I don't know exactly how many Ray found. I say 2nd addition because the patch and ribbon Hercules was extremely low production. This is a two patch and until Ray found some, there were vary few ever seen, which is why the uncertainty and lack of ID on the net. 

Potentially, yours came from an eBay sale; resold by somebody who'd picked up what he'd found and sold privately too? Because Ray sold maybe 30 of them at ebay as well.

But, Maybe he found 30-50 of these. He'd also found 100's, IDK maybe 500 or more  early 60's patch and ribbon Wasp. Boy scout and bees and a few practically never seen and others  in pristine condition. These would be early 60's too. 

345456815_RayTrretricMKfindhybridsandearly60-s.jpg.8f5d6d783e6d56b0efeee719b1e77d29.jpg

I can't thank you enough, Jeff, for this most interesting and detailed info. Talk about having the inside scoop! This sort of provenance will someday be lost if not for archives of forums like this and folks like you who share it. Names, pics, dates, just everything changed how I feel about this marble. This  is the beauty of this forum and the reference I made before about how it's like a living book with access to the authors. What a special thing we have and folks like you who take the time to impart this precious knowledge for all of us in the marble collecting community. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

Fraid this photo is so old the Graphics are poor.

This is great stuff, Jeff. Do you know if any of what I am going to call "the newer style" P&Rs were packaged and sold back in the 60s, or do you think they were errors? I don't think I have ever seen similar ones in older bags.