Barber Pole handmade ?

Fire1981

17 minutes ago, Ric said:

Are the 6R/2B and 4R/2B also standard?

Remember that these are cane-constructed in a relatively crude glass shop.  There wasn't a formula that a shop couldn't violate. Its all a matter of what canes were laid on the marver in a hurry to do the pick-up.  These were made for about 1-2 cents each.  Precision and repeatability were not a priority.  Speed and cheap was.

1 minute ago, Alan said:

Remember that these are cane-constructed in a relatively crude glass shop.  There wasn't a formula that a shop couldn't violate. Its all a matter of what canes were laid on the marver in a hurry to do the pick-up.  These were made for about 1-2 cents each.  Precision and repeatability were not a priority.  Speed and cheap was.

I get that, my question has more to do with the name "Peppermint" . . . so all cane-cut marbles with external red and blue ribbons with white are a "Standard Peppermint"?

20 hours ago, Ric said:

I get that, my question has more to do with the name "Peppermint" . . . so all cane-cut marbles with external red and blue ribbons with white are a "Standard Peppermint"?

As opposed to what kind of Peppermint?  The "Beachball" name seemed to die out 20 or so years ago.  Peppermint with mica in the blue bands exist, but few of them.  I have only ever seen one with mica across the entire marble (although I suspect a number of them exist in those OG folks that have the huge diameter Peppermint collections.

HA000b-Alan.jpeg

• Wow 1

45 minutes ago, Alan said:

As opposed to what kind of Peppermint? . . .

I guess what threw me was your use of the term "standard" in your initial reply. Given all the different ribbon counts that qualify as Peppermints, I didn't think there was a standard. But since hand-mades aren't really my thing I wanted to be sure that the 4 ribbon variety like the OP weren't a standard that I wasn't aware of.