Menu tonight -- share your recipes!

Linda Gail

55 minutes ago, Linda Gail said:

Looks like me and AvvaRae started something here ☺️

I'm loving the recipe shares!!!! It's so fun! I'm making a "Marbled" lemon blueberry cornbread pan-Cake pie" ATM) topping it off with lemon cream cheese frosting and warmed bluebberries hehe 

• Wow 1

18 minutes ago, AvvaRae said:

I'm loving the recipe shares!!!! It's so fun! I'm making a "Marbled" lemon blueberry cornbread pan-Cake pie" ATM) topping it off with lemon cream cheese frosting and warmed blueberries hehe 

Yeah I like it too. I just love cooking and learning more recipes 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvvaRae said:

I'm loving the recipe shares!!!! It's so fun! I'm making a "Marbled" lemon blueberry cornbread pan-Cake pie" ATM) topping it off with lemon cream cheese frosting and warmed bluebberries hehe 

TaDa 

Such a Fun Easy Recipe 

1 box of Corn Bread🌽🍞

🥞 3 cups of pancake mix (the just add water kind) 

🥚2 eggs 

🥛1 cup of milk or almond milk (we use almond) 

🍥Brown sugar

And lemon zest to taste preference 

Add approximately 💦3 cups of water but don't quote me I sort of eyeball it till the texture is super thick but not dry... 

Fold in as much fresh blueberries as you like I use a little under 1 pt

Any sort of pan you like I typically use cast irons

🫐I took it off with more fresh blueberries lemon zest and sprinkled brown sugar

350 for 30-40 minutes

Let it cool slice in half full with lemon cream cheese frosting

&

🍋Top it off with Lemon Cream Cheese frosting /lemon zest

For the lemon cream cheese you can use prepackage and fold in the lemon juice until a silly smooth consistency or make homemade cream cheese frosting 🤤🫣

Screenshot_2023-07-27-16-16-53-142.jpg

Screenshot_2023-07-26-14-52-49-487.jpg

Screenshot_2023-07-27-16-17-24-022.jpg

Screenshot_2023-07-27-16-17-34-474.jpg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

1 hour ago, Linda Gail said:

Yeah I like it too. I just love cooking and learning more recipes 

Agreed... I love savory dishes as well though a lot of mine are made up in my head lol.. 

I'm gonna try your Goulash for my kiddos tonight... 🫣 Hopefully they like it!!! Reminda me sort of like stuffed bell peppers but with pasta hehe and I think bow tie pasta would be fun visually for them hehe 

• Like 2

I tried to keep in touch with my daughter during her first deployment in Iraq through food and what ever else I could do to feel her presence.

This recipe has stuck with me, it is very good

Iraqi Chicken and Chickpea Stew

1⁄4 cup canola oil
6 cloves garlic
3 small onions, quartered
4 medium waxy-style potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 bay leaves
2TBS yellow curry powder
1 TBS  ground turmeric
1 TBS  kosher salt
4 skinless chicken legs (about 1 lb.)
4 skinless chicken thighs (about 1 lb.)
1  19-oz. can chickpeas, drained
1 lemon, quartered 
1 TBS  dried sumac (optional)

Flat bread--Naan

1. Heat oil in a 6-qt. pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onions, potatoes, bay leaves, spice mixture, turmeric, and salt. Cook, stirring and scraping bottom of pot occasionally, until onions and potatoes are golden, about 10 minutes. Add chicken and 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock; stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium, and simmer, uncovered, until chicken is tender and cooked through, 20–25 minutes.
2. Add chickpeas; cook for 5 minutes more. Taste the stew and season with more salt, to taste. Line 4 bowls with torn pieces of the flat bread. Ladle stew over bread. Squeeze a wedge of lemon over each bowl and sprinkle with sumac.

Recipes On!!

• Wow 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, AvvaRae said:

Agreed... I love savory dishes as well though a lot of mine are made up in my head lol.. 

I'm gonna try your Goulash for my kiddos tonight... 🫣 Hopefully they like it!!! Reminda me sort of like stuffed bell peppers but with pasta hehe and I think bow tie pasta would be fun visually for them hehe 

At first some of my kids didn't. Now they all love it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akroorka said:

I tried to keep in touch with my daughter during her first deployment in Iraq through food and what ever else I could do to feel her presence.

This recipe has stuck with me, it is very good

Iraqi Chicken and Chickpea Stew

1⁄4 cup canola oil
6 cloves garlic
3 small onions, quartered
4 medium waxy-style potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 bay leaves
2TBS yellow curry powder
1 TBS  ground turmeric
1 TBS  kosher salt
4 skinless chicken legs (about 1 lb.)
4 skinless chicken thighs (about 1 lb.)
1  19-oz. can chickpeas, drained
1 lemon, quartered 
1 TBS  dried sumac (optional)

Flat bread--Naan

1. Heat oil in a 6-qt. pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onions, potatoes, bay leaves, spice mixture, turmeric, and salt. Cook, stirring and scraping bottom of pot occasionally, until onions and potatoes are golden, about 10 minutes. Add chicken and 3 1⁄2 cups chicken stock; stir to combine. Bring to a boil over high heat, reduce heat to medium, and simmer, uncovered, until chicken is tender and cooked through, 20–25 minutes.
2. Add chickpeas; cook for 5 minutes more. Taste the stew and season with more salt, to taste. Line 4 bowls with torn pieces of the flat bread. Ladle stew over bread. Squeeze a wedge of lemon over each bowl and sprinkle with sumac.

Recipes On!!

First and Foremost thank her for her sacrifices no matter how big or small for me. Second wow what an amazing recipe!!! I am so gonna try this! It very much so reminds of a few of my favorite Indian dishes

Thanks for sharing this beautiful recipe and why it's special to you 🥹

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Our favorite is simple. Fresh caught Dungeness crab, steamed in saltwater. Melted butter or Mayo. 
The wife is the major cook, I typically grill stuff. She has a large pantry and too many recipes to count.

my specialty is Greek dolmades, wrapped grape leaves stuffed with 1lb ground lamb, 4 cups cooked white rice, garlic to taste, a package of minced fresh mint, cayenne, olive oil, and lemon juice. Stack them vertically in a large sauce pan, half water, and more lemon juice and olive oil. Bake at 400 for 45 minutes, eat hot. Typically around 50. Typical serving is 8.

Takes a lot of time to wrap, but well worth it. I use “Orlando” grape leaves, large and easier to roll. Sometimes I use ground buffalo.

we also grill fresh oysters from our beach, with melted butter and garlic. I add Tabasco to my butter.

• Like 3

I also make Hatch green Chile stew when the wife is away.

cubed pork shoulder drenched in flour and browned. Base is chicken stock with Rotello diced tomatoes and green Chile, plus a good helping of my homemade Hatch green chili salsa. I add either white pesole or pinto beans.

with flour tortillas, I eaten it breakfast lunch and dinner for 5 days straight.

she is taking off Friday for 5 days, I’ll survive.

• Like 3

I admit to being a Hatch green chili fanatic, having grown up in Albuquerque. We used to buy 50lb lots of fresh roasted “Big Jim’s”. Bag it in smaller lots for salsa and rellenos. Our local Town-and-country in Poulsbo, Wa has an annual hatch green Chile event in the fall where you can buy it fresh roasted in 25lb lots.

when working with hatch Chile, make sure you wear protective gloves, you can get burned easily. (For the guys, make sure you go to the bathroom before you start peeling the skins. Speaking from experience🤣)

• Like 3

On 7/25/2023 at 1:32 PM, Linda Gail said:

So I decided to make meatloaf, mashed potatoes and peas tonight for dinner. Also got two batches of p.b fudge made. 

What's for dinner tonight guys?

I'm think Pozole🍖

16924704119896021814838875676146.jpg

• Like 3

This is just a killer recipe--great for these hotter than usual times---fussy--but what would you rather do?

Greek Chicken and Barley Salad
•    12 oz of skinless, boneless chicken breast  cubed to ½ inch.
•    Flour as needed
•    Paprika as needed
•    3 cups broth
•    1 cup uncooked pearl barley
•    1 cup cubed seeded cucumber
•    ¼  cup diced celery
•    ¼ cup diced red onion
•    1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
•    ½   cup cubed yellow, orange, red or green bell pepper
•    ½  cup reduced-fat feta cheese
•    ¾  cup chopped pitted olives
•    3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
•    1 tsp grated lemon rind
•    2 TBS fresh lemon juice
•    1 TBS minced fresh basil
•    1 tsp minced fresh oregano
•    1 tsp red wine vinegar
•    1/2 tsp kosher salt
•    2 garlic cloves, pressed
 Dredge chicken in flour/paprika mixture, then brown until done in a nonstick pan.
 Bring 3 cups broth to a boil in a large saucepan; add barley. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 35 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Cool. 
Combine chicken, barley, cucumber, and ingredients through olives. in a large bowl. To prepare dressing, combine 3 tablespoons oil, rind, and remaining ingredients; stir well. Add to barley mixture; toss well. Cover and chill.

• Wow 2

Homemade Cinnamon Raisin Bread 

And Sea Salt Poppy Seed Bread 

Base is the same for both: (add in whatever you like or too before baking) 

1/2 cup unsalted butter (113 grams, melted)

3/4 cup honey (255 grams)

1 cup water (250 ml)

1 tsp. salt

6 cups bread flour (600-720 grams, divided) I find it's a smidge over for it to not be sticky

1 envelope active dry yeast (2 ¼ teaspoons)

4 large eggs

1 egg (for egg wash)

(I premix all dry and all wet separately) 

I let it rise for about 1.5 hours

Braid and double down on raising again for 45 mins to an hour .... 

I liked my poppy seed a smidge on the darker side so I don't egg wash I butter when it comes out and sprinkle pink sea salt ... 

It's baked at 350' for 40+minutes 

IMG_20230825_082232.jpg

IMG_20230825_082242.jpg

• Like 3