Menu tonight -- share your recipes!

Linda Gail

• 2 weeks later...

Green Chile stew with pesole. 2 qts chicken stock, 1qt water. 4-16oz cans of hominy rinsed. 2 cans diced red tomatoes. 4lbs browned pork shoulder or ribs cubed with fat trimmed. (I would normally do 2lbs, but the kids would take all the pork ASAP, leaving a veggie stew.)

8oz of Brads homemade Hatch hot green Chile .

simmer for 4 hours until the pork falls apart. Serve with flour tortillas.

IMG_0229.thumb.jpeg.f29deccc203d77efd4234d7413b59a7d.jpegIMG_0228.thumb.jpeg.13b261fa2d8c6bfe3e421c95d6a540e7.jpeg

• Like 3

BBQ’d salmon wraps

skin and debone a salmon filet, king or sockeye is the best. Cut in 1” slices, sprinkle lemon juice liberally.

use large grape leaves, trim the stems. You can wash off the brine or not, I don’t. Wrap each slice of salmon with 1 or 2 leaves, depending on size. Do not fold the ends, this allows the leaves to crisp up.

add more lemon juice over the wraps, refrigerate for a few hours.

start the BBQ on high, bring to high temp. Cook the wraps for about 2 minutes each side. Crispy and browned wraps. The wraps keep the salmon moist.

serve with your favorite sauce. Wife likes Pateks Mango, I like their hot lime, or my hatch green Chile salsa.

leftovers are good hot or cold.

will post photos soon…

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

1 minute ago, schmoozer said:

BBQ’d salmon wraps

skin and debone a salmon filet, king or sockeye is the best. Cut in 1” slices, sprinkle lemon juice liberally.

use large grape leaves, trim the stems. You can wash off the brine or not, I don’t. Wrap each slice of salmon with 1 or 2 leaves, depending on size. Do not fold the ends, this allows the leaves to crisp up.

start the BBQ on high, bring to high temp. Cook the wraps for about 2 minutes each side. Crispy and browned wraps. The wraps keep the salmon moist.

serve with your favorite sauce. Wife likes Pateks Mango, I like their hot lime, or my hatch green Chile salsa.

will post photos soon…

I first encountered this at a deli in Pike place market 40 years ago, been making it ever since. I have yet to find a restaurant that serves anything close.

On 9/16/2023 at 10:17 PM, schmoozer said:

BBQ’d salmon wraps

will post photos soon…

Photos

have leftovers for lunch tomorrowIMG_0272.thumb.jpeg.bb37b7ce0910b51f7b96315b12bc61c3.jpegIMG_0271.thumb.jpeg.045d0a7518b776ffaad568893c45b79e.jpeg

• Like 2

This is ours tonight--just a Killer recipe-UMAMI to the Max

Pasta with Tuna
•    16 ounces linguine or other long pasta
•    1/2 cup olive oil 
•    6 garlic cloves, minced 
•    1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper 
•    2-12-ounce cans albacore tuna packed in water, drained 
•    1/4 cup fresh lemon juice 
•    4 teaspoons grated lemon peel 
•    1 lb frozen greens (thawed, chopped and squeezed of excess moisture)

•    Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
•     Return pasta to pot.
•    Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper. Sauté 30 seconds. Add tuna, and greens then stir to heat through. 
•    Add tuna mixture, lemon juice, and lemon peel to pasta. Toss over low heat about 2 minutes. Add reserved pasta cooking liquid to moisten. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve. 

• Like 4

On 9/26/2023 at 4:54 PM, akroorka said:

This is ours tonight--just a Killer recipe-UMAMI to the Max

Pasta with Tuna
•    16 ounces linguine or other long pasta
•    1/2 cup olive oil 
•    6 garlic cloves, minced 
•    1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper 
•    2-12-ounce cans albacore tuna packed in water, drained 
•    1/4 cup fresh lemon juice 
•    4 teaspoons grated lemon peel 
•    1 lb frozen greens (thawed, chopped and squeezed of excess moisture)

•    Cook pasta in large pot of boiling salted water until just tender but still firm to bite, stirring occasionally. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
•     Return pasta to pot.
•    Meanwhile, heat oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper. Sauté 30 seconds. Add tuna, and greens then stir to heat through. 
•    Add tuna mixture, lemon juice, and lemon peel to pasta. Toss over low heat about 2 minutes. Add reserved pasta cooking liquid to moisten. Season to taste with salt and pepper and serve. 

Yum