Menu tonight -- share your recipes!

Linda Gail

• 4 weeks later...

I have 3 favorites:

dolmades with lamb sausage, mint and chipotle spice.

salmon wrapped in grape leaves, BBQ’d. Dipping sauce as you like. Good cold or hot.

BBQ’d fresh oysters in the shell, with melted butter and garlic. We have roughly 1,000 oysters bagged on the beach.

There was a pizza chain in my old stomping grounds that offered a "Hot Hawaiian." It had bacon addition to the pineapple, peppers, and ham. I seem to recall it had barbecue sauce instead of the typical tomato sauce.

Wow, I didn't expect so many fellow yes-sayers! I LOVE it, the combo is awesome IMO. However, most people I know don't like it (I can understand, it's just not for everyone). I also thought I was gonna start a war when I posted that, but it's been very civilised so far, phew😅

Also, there's a dish called "Toast Hawaii" where I live. It's a slice of toast, with ham, a slice of pinapple and cheese over the top (you can add a cherry as well, if you like). Put it in the oven and take it out when the cheese is golden-brown. You won't regret it ;)

4 hours ago, TheVacorFan said:

There's a dish called "Toast Hawaii" where I live. It's a slice of toast, with ham, a slice of pinapple and cheese over the top.

A slice or two of Spam would work equally well. Hawaiians consume the most Spam, per capita, in the world.

But no Spam for me tonight. I'm (very slowly) boiling up some water for cookin' shrimp.

• 2 weeks later...

Had ham steaks with artichokes last night. Large artichokes at Walmart were $1.49/each!!

cut the tops down around 2” and spread open for the steam, cook upside down. There are special holders for cooking them.

poor man’s hollandaise sauce:

melted butter

mayo

lemon jiuce

cayanne pepper to taste.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Tonight was off the beach! Fresh mussels we planted last year. White wine  base with garlic, onions, and shallots.

walmart 3-cheese garlic knots to sop up the base.

IMG_0992.thumb.jpeg.17638aef32e7222d5c2b0fc8812b6dfc.jpegIMG_0993.thumb.jpeg.355afc28251ab5f72bec1d7cc8d11233.jpeg

• Award 1