Interesting Guinea idea

Steph

Number 1 boxes are the majority of the Guineas in circulation …and probably because they were the easiest to make with the method Fiedler used. He probably could make quite a few at one time in a short period of time. And notice that the Guinea boxes had the add on stickers ..there were no Guineas boxes made🤔…and I believe he made them as a whimsy showing his opaque Cambridge colors produced at the Cambridge factory and who knows how long he was making them? 

• Like 1

On 10/1/2023 at 11:08 AM, Fiedlerschauffer said:

More to come regarding stripped opaques and transparents. Oh Boy! 

Thank you soo much for sharing your knowledge on this subject...this post is awesomeness 

9 hours ago, Fiedlerschauffer said:

Thanks Tom. I sure am glad you are enjoying it that is my intentions hopefully I don’t get kicked off for ruffling to many features there are a few that for some reason think I made it all up😂

I know/knew Ralf W., Ralf. I visited him, in August 2005 not long after you bought him out. I've been wondering when the book, he said the person he'd sold out to was going to publish a book about CAC, would do so or not ever since then.

I've been to the CAC dig site and the dry river bed too. Ralf didn't have to tell me where the site was, it's kind of common knowledge.

However, knowing Ralf W., not a great deal but enough, I can imagine why some people might argue about him.  

In the meantime, guineas being handmade or cane craft, may not be too fetched since Vacor De Mexico crafted their Atmosphere marbles by hand, craft, and or whatever. Because some are hand-gathered, some are cut Guinea and some are like cobra and cyclones too, and practically the exact colors CAC used..

And speaking of stripped transparent; there are these guys, presumably made in Germany or near as that's where I've found them:

Made in single and double seams as well plus always Big-Uns 7/8":

7-8inchdoubletunnelwhiteorange.jpg.275d9f75e506233783ccf22568131048.jpg

• Like 1

Hi Jeff..what is your ideas on the Cambridge Guineas? I’m very open to suggestions!! My assumption is not set in stone and I have been waiting for a logical explanation for years other than what I wrote about them based on my research and a lot of my information comes from local Cambridge residents specifically Carlin Carpenter who grew up in Cambridge and is Watkins best friend and an avid collector. who have been in the loop from the beginning …and Fiedlers granddaughter Betty Fiedler Bender of Chads Ford Pa. she confirmed personally to me that her cousins account on his story ..she confirmed it was the truth …so in my view they are transitionals made by Fiedler at the Cambridge glass factory and who knows how long he was producing them?  

4 hours ago, Fiedlerschauffer said:

Hi Jeff..what is your ideas on the Cambridge Guineas? I’m very open to suggestions!! My assumption is not set in stone and I have been waiting for a logical explanation for years other than what I wrote about them based on my research and a lot of my information comes from local Cambridge residents specifically Carlin Carpenter who grew up in Cambridge and is Watkins best friend and an avid collector. who have been in the loop from the beginning …and Fiedlers granddaughter Betty Fiedler Bender of Chads Ford Pa. she confirmed personally to me that her cousins account on his story ..she confirmed it was the truth …so in my view they are transitionals made by Fiedler at the Cambridge glass factory and who knows how long he was producing them?  

(Oops, edited, I linked a photo of the same marble, and now put the other so there's 2 different ones now)

U no, it's perplexing. The cane idea makes sense but I don't think it accounts for Guinea Cobras. Frit rolled on, cut, and finished on a set of rollers based on MFC's patent. On a Guinea, you have to ask; 'How does the frit get inside the center, and or submerged just below the surface of the cane?' I think, you'd pretty much, need to make the cane in layers. I believe there are plenty blue blue-based guinea Cobra styles, you just can't see them easily. We know, just based online, the past auctions or sales of original 25-count boxes have clear base marbles and maybe 20 or more percent of them have submerged frit (Cobra). 

Obviously, it's a system where this occurs regardless of whichever base color is used.

As I refer; Vacor did something that alludes to the subject; Here are two of them. You got cut ends, frit laying on the surface just swell and big, at  1 inch +/- 1/16",  without hand-gathered nines. The only difference is, there's no frit (Cobra) sub-surface.

If I knew a bit more of what Vacor did? I am inclined because vacor also made hand-gathered Atmospheres at the same time, to consider the information you've gathered, that CAC Guinea were made in the same way Vacor has; a mixture of craft and machine rollers.

Albeit, I am not against opinions too. 

large.mint-15-16-christensen-agate-guinelarge.cac-one-inch-guinea-1e.jpg.2b8952f

2 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

Vacor did something that alludes to the subject;

I highly doubt that Vacor used anything but clear based glass as far as Atmospheres’ go.
I would recheck yours my marble collecting friend.
They may be something else—of course---------.
This is just my opinion based on what I have seen and collected/researched.
I appreciate all opinions and respect them all.
Marble—On!!

1 hour ago, Fiedlerschauffer said:

I’m thinking of learning a little Spanish and heading to find the Mexican marble maker responsible for this one?😂

Ha! Yeah, I have not seen the guinea types in quite some time. Those two are photos Alan B. had shot which appear to have been sold by him at eBay. Titled 'large cac one inch guinea' Seems to have been mislabeled.

I can't remember which year they came out and somebody drove a good distance to my home and asked me about the one he had. With my own authentic Guineas to compare the frit wanted to match.

Anyway, collectors scooped them up and the other styles get a good price, like a couple of hundred and more.

I expected, being Vacor, there would be millions more to come and so I only priced up one for a few bucks, that's a big Lavender and Yellow hand g gathered With the nine pattern Cobra/Cyclone. 

Accordingly, when made, the word was: Vacor hand-made them all. Alan also added 12 other colors and styles on his website where only a few look like CAC and or the same colors. Vacor de Mexico (buymarbles.com

Nice link--I still stand my ground.

Vacor Atmospheres are all clear based--I will not be convinced otherwise.

You may have some that bled blue into the matrix, anything can happen with machine made marbles. 

The Atmos were hand gathered and put onto to rollers--just mho.

I will back up on some of my past posts--some of them do include SPARKLE.

I thought they were bubbles until recently.

The white and gold ones and a few others do include some AV.

I get my info from OG nets--what better way?

Marble--On!!

• Award 1

3 hours ago, Jeff54 said:

(Oops, edited, I linked a photo of the same marble, and now put the other so there's 2 different ones now)

U no, it's perplexing. The cane idea makes sense but I don't think it accounts for Guinea Cobras. Frit rolled on, cut, and finished on a set of rollers based on MFC's patent. On a Guinea, you have to ask; 'How does the frit get inside the center, and or submerged just below the surface of the cane?' I think, you'd pretty much, need to make the cane in layers. I believe there are plenty blue blue-based guinea Cobra styles, you just can't see them easily. We know, just based online, the past auctions or sales of original 25-count boxes have clear base marbles and maybe 20 or more percent of them have submerged frit (Cobra). 

Obviously, it's a system where this occurs regardless of whichever base color is used.

As I refer; Vacor did something that alludes to the subject; Here are two of them. You got cut ends, frit laying on the surface just swell and big, at  1 inch +/- 1/16",  without hand-gathered nines. The only difference is, there's no frit (Cobra) sub-surface.

If I knew a bit more of what Vacor did? I am inclined because vacor also made hand-gathered Atmospheres at the same time, to consider the information you've gathered, that CAC Guinea were made in the same way Vacor has; a mixture of craft and machine rollers.

Albeit, I am not against opinions too. 

large.mint-15-16-christensen-agate-guinelarge.cac-one-inch-guinea-1e.jpg.2b8952f

Any pics of the blue base cobra style..😁🤞

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, akroorka said:

I highly doubt that Vacor used anything but clear based glass as far as Atmospheres’ go.
I would recheck yours my marble collecting friend.
They may be something else—of course---------.
This is just my opinion based on what I have seen and collected/researched.
I appreciate all opinions and respect them all.
Marble—On!!

Yeah, I do not doubt that all you've ever seen had/have a clear base mix. Indeed all photos of them are like that.

All I can say is those I linked with light blue transparent were exactly what had been shown to me and it's been too long to remember what year. I remember them on the net as well and like me, along with others; because it was Vacor, or regardless who, new stuff which usually carries little to no desire to antique or rare marble collectors. 

What I'd seen and the story about them, at that time, was so exceptional, it's not something easily forgotten. 

So, maybe, because it was the same time the Vacors popped up, maybe the information I picked up was an assumption by most who relayed their opinions. One thing I am certain of, they are not CAC.

• Like 1