How common are peewee corkscrews?

CharlieT

I have not seen any Akro literature listing sizes for sale that included anything under #00 or 9/16”.
That being said, The Popeye boxes were filled with a peewee placed on top of the pouch. As I recall they were Popeye Patch types. 
Collectors call the little ones Swee’ Pea after Popeyes little (adopted) Son/Pal.
9/16” Akros are a hard find for me unless they are the “oxblood patch” type which seems to have quite a few in this size.
The thing is, if Akro produced 9/16” marbles there are bound to be a few peewees floating around. That is just the way in the manufacturing of marbles. 
I have seen a few peewee patches—never a corkscrew--- in my hand anyhow. So yes—they are pretty rare imho. Always check a rare peewee of any maker for any signs of polishing.
Marble—On!!

• Like 2
  • Award 1

I sent a group to a FB marble trader and had searched and measured a lot. Boo Yah ! I found 3 ! They got them and guess what? Someone polished this group down to 9/16. I learned a lot with this trade and now realizing how HTF PeeWees and 9/16 Akro’s 🔥🔥🔥🔥🔥

RAR

• Like 3