$780 Akro Popeye

Melissa

Chad, love you comment. i must chime in on this a little bit. i do remember (many) years ago that you could pick up an Akro (hybrid) "Pop Eyes" for maybe  more than that, but did not many years ago see them go way up close to this sale mentioned above. One of my favs are these, so go back in the archives and see the photo of the ones i had posted, and yes there is some of these that sold that high. In all my years i do have an idea of the most (rarest) of them all i think. So far never saw any (6) colors in one marble that i could definitly say it was that many. I include white but not clear. Finding actually these (5) (separated) colors are at the top in my book. In the past photo there are (two) that contain (5) colors if i can remember. Chuck G---

A nicely colored pair of hybrids at 3/4".

I saw when the bid was $700 and I wasn't shocked by the bid.   I guess I'm not shocked at $1500 either, but I don't have any idea what they "should" go for since I've never been in the market for one.  When I think a hard-to-find marble is out of my reach I don't pay much attention to pricing. 

• Like 1

This is one of the top color combos to collect if you collect hybrid popeyes, especially in the 3/4" shooter size.  I've seen smaller ones at 5/8", less than mint get about 300 at auction for one.  The underbidder was at about $1000 on these.   So, quite a big gap from the winning bid.   Facebook bidding isn't like ebay where your top bid is hidden and goes up in increments for you conveniently.   Whatever your top bid is, you must pay on National. 

• Like 1