Teeny Tiny Teutonic Treasures

treetiger

1 hour ago, Alan said:

1. Divided core

2. Latticinio core

FYI - your camera is focusing on the background cloth, not the marble.  Its better to manually choose center focus.  Then your subject won't be so blurry.

Thank you' I will try.

16 minutes ago, treetiger said:

I just read an archival post saying that the 1st one falls into the 'Tuxedo' category due to its Black and cream lines...

I've never heard the term "tuxedo" in relation to a divided core, or any other German handmade for that matter. It might just be me but my guess is it's not a commonly used term, so don't be too surprised if nobody knows what you're referring to when if you use it. 🙂

7 minutes ago, Ric said:

I've never heard the term "tuxedo" in relation to a divided core, or any other German handmade for that matter. It might just be me but my guess is it's not a commonly used term, so don't be too surprised if nobody knows what you're referring to when if you use it. 🙂

There is a site called 'Oldraremarbles.com' . I was on there yesterday. I just checked, they have a German swirl that is referred to as a 'tuxedo'. I thought it was a common term--my bad😉 

7 minutes ago, treetiger said:

There is a site called 'Oldraremarbles.com' . I was on there yesterday. I just checked, they have a German swirl that is referred to as a 'tuxedo'. I thought it was a common term--my bad😉 

I re-edited my post. Apologies for my bad brain fart😄:cool-smileys-262:🦨😊😄

55 minutes ago, treetiger said:

I re-edited my post. Apologies for my bad brain fart😄:cool-smileys-262:🦨😊😄

That is a reputable site you referenced - I am just unfamiliar with the term "tuxedo" as it relates to alternating black and white strands in a laticcino core, which is very rare indeed. Your first marble is not a laticcino, it is a divided core, so it does not qualify as a "tuxedo" given their use of the term.

Some laticcino cores can have colors other than white - imagine your second marble with yellow, orange or green strands in the core lattice. And sometimes, those colors can alternate with white.

5 hours ago, Ric said:

That is a reputable site you referenced - I am just unfamiliar with the term "tuxedo" as it relates to alternating black and white strands in a laticcino core, which is very rare indeed. Your first marble is not a laticcino, it is a divided core, so it does not qualify as a "tuxedo" given their use of the term.

Some laticcino cores can have colors other than white - imagine your second marble with yellow, orange or green strands in the core lattice. And sometimes, those colors can alternate with white.

Thank you for the clarification. That really helps. I  will include your information yo my records. Thanks and best wishes