Jabo lawnchair marbles

I’ve read the story and watched a video where they talked about “lawnchair marbles. I came across these online and they are pretty cool. Nothing real special just a dull swirl clear black base marble, right. Holy cow when you hit it with a back light they come alive. They even glow green under UV light. If you have some post pics of them  

IMG_8889.jpeg

IMG_8888.jpeg

IMG_8886.jpeg

IMG_8884.jpeg

IMG_8883.jpeg

IMG_8893.jpeg

IMG_8894.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Those look like they have a few different colors too. I bet they pop when back lit. Jabo and Das are becoming some of my favorites. The colors and unique runs make them worth talking about. Then again a beautiful slag or a stand out 9 and tail are awesome too. 

AFAIK, the original JABO Lawnchair marbles were 5/8" and had metal on a green or blue transparent base - I don't think there were any significant variations beyond that.

RicA0142.jpg.ae3f62f56eb6104b4fc33f79f10f08f1.jpg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, B-rett66 said:

Those look like they have a few different colors too. I bet they pop when back lit. Jabo and Das are becoming some of my favorites. The colors and unique runs make them worth talking about. Then again a beautiful slag or a stand out 9 and tail are awesome too. 

Yes, they do!  Like most Jabo/DAS, they are so much prettier in hand, and hard to photograph.  I just recently got into Jabo and DAS myself.  :)

6 hours ago, Ric said:

AFAIK, the original JABO Lawnchair marbles were 5/8" and had metal on a green or blue transparent base - I don't think there were any significant variations beyond that.

The Lawnchairs were also made in 3/4" dia., however these are harder to find.  One of the people that was there for the run told me that the ~5/8" were far more plentiful.

6 hours ago, Alan said:

The Lawnchairs were also made in 3/4" dia., however these are harder to find.  One of the people that was there for the run told me that the ~5/8" were far more plentiful.

Again, AFAIK, the 3/4" ones (Woodstock Lawnchairs?) were made a few days after the "original" 5/8" ones - might well have been the same lawnchair though. lol