Marble sizes graph?

I tried using the 'search bar' for this question since an authority recently posted that Ravenswood and Cairo Co. didn't make 1 " marbles which got me thinking. Is there a graph or chart that shows the total sizes of marbles that each company made? An example being..."Vacor makes jumbo 1" 3/8, super jumbo 1" 5/8, and toe breaker 2", but Ravenswood only goes up to "X" size inches and no higher...?? I there is such a chart, where can I find it?

• Like 1

I have not seen any such list compiled. I have seen sales brochures and paperwork that lists the sizes of marbles a particular manufacturer had available at the time it was printed though. They usually reference the standard numbering system for marble sizes that most American manufacturers used.

• Like 1

Only Info I can give is researching each company. A chart would be nice but it would have to be on what information is actually out there (statistically speaking not historically accurate) if that makes sense. There are wonders still being unearthed from factories that are not mainstream. 

31 minutes ago, justin78berry said:

Only Info I can give is researching each company. A chart would be nice but it would have to be on what information is actually out there (statistically speaking not historically accurate) if that makes sense. There are wonders still being unearthed from factories that are not mainstream. 

hmmm....The reason that I asked is that I heard certain companies didn't make certain sizes of marbles. If someone was trying to sell a marble of a certain company that didn't make a specific size, and the marble was different, then you would know that it was a fake, or actually made by someone else. I would think that a graph or list would have been compiled ages ago....I'm a little surprised that it hasn't.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Chad G. said:

These are the only official size charts I know of ??

#2 SIZE CHART.PNG

#3 SIZE CHART.PNG

#4 SIZE CHART, HANDMADES.PNG

That is great! ...I guess I am making a graph with as many companies listed and what sizes they traditionally made including anomalies and outliers...as they re dug up...COOL!

Here is my contribution. As information comes in, I will edit it and someday clean up my bad hand writing---it is a start...Please look forward to a more concise listing, and remember that this first attempt is not complete. If others are interested, please make your version of this kind of list--Knowledge is power!!

IMG_20240118_224052498.jpg

IMG_20240118_224127865.jpg

IMG_20240118_230648537.jpg

IMG_20240118_230958491.jpg

It should be noted that the size of marbles within any "size number" group can vary considerably. For instance, a No. 0 can be anywhere from a hair over 9/16" up to 5/8", a No 2 could be anywhere from a hair over 11/16" to 3/4", etc.

An easy way to remember the sizing scale is:

5/8" = 10/16" = No. 0 (in reality, anything from a hair over 9/16" up to 5/8" is a No. 0)

11/16" = No. 1

3/4" = 12/16 = No. 2

etc.

Just add zeroes for 1/16" increments less than 5/8" (No. 0) player size.

Peewees = not a hair bigger than 1/2" = No. 000

9/16" = No. 00

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...
On 1/19/2024 at 8:19 AM, Ric said:

An easy way to remember the sizing scale is:

5/8" = 10/16" = No. 0 (in reality, anything from a hair over 9/16" up to 5/8" is a No. 0)

11/16" = No. 1

3/4" = 12/16 = No. 2

etc.

Just add zeroes for 1/16" increments less than 5/8" (No. 0) player size.

Peewees = not a hair bigger than 1/2" = No. 000

9/16" = No. 00

heres a picture for you Ric.

fb-banner_grungSizes2023.jpg

• Like 1