Rainbo trait help

Fire1981

I saw a post several years ago that talks about this type of Rainbo. When the transparent ribbons meet it the matrix. When backlit the the light passes through all of them. You usually don’t see that on Rainbos with white base glass. He had name for this. I don’t know if it’ll a homemade trait or not ? Any ideas here 🔥

RAR

B9D4A0F5-66F1-450C-981B-554684A234DE.jpeg

9028AF8E-D6CB-49FC-976A-9E3B9321E9CC.jpeg

A7A4ED07-2FA3-4E3B-9061-B06DACB06B9A.jpeg

CCDACD99-706E-4C6A-A74F-51D8D7D4705F.jpeg

0F16D47B-8418-48B2-AB29-1643D84D8031.jpeg

• Like 1

Fire, one could (possibly) put this into the Peltier "Windsheild" family type. I like seeing at least 45% of the (window) area to classify it as such. Most were in the light amber colored transparent base glass but i am sure there are other colors. A super nice example no matter. Chuck G---

I'm confused - I thought a Pelt Windshield was a much more specifically colored type with a large colorless clear window on only one side.  This marble I'm looking at looks like a simple green and white Rainbo?  Perhaps due to happenstance and the variable nature of mass production this one just has wider transparent green ribbons than the majority?  So- can any Pelt with enough transparency be a Windshield?  That would be news to me.

• Award 1

A little clarification, on this. You are correct and i must (NOT) throw some examples into certain named marbles which i have  tendency to do so now and then. You are very correct in what you are say about the "Windshield" type. When i mention (family type) it means something similar to the name, maybe not being actually what it is. i am getting older now and sure DO NOT want to confuse this hobby any worse. If you took this example and reflect to the original "Windshield" only having green glass, what would it be then? The term "Windshield" is a and or a generalized term for a specific type. In Peltier you can find many that resembles  these that have a lot oof open spaces to the look. Things like this makes for more discussion that helps the hobby. Your question is a good one, in reference to an Akro "Pop Eye", how much clear glass should it contain?  Chuck G---

• Award 1