Odd small dark circular marks

Anyone know what causes these tiny circular marks on a marble? Images below are of marbles I have with unknown markings in the ribbon work. Thanks in advance for any info.

• Like 1

Thank you both for your time and reply. Mine appear to be at the surface or just below, but really only in the ribbon work, not much in the base glass. I'll get some images of mine...cheers!

• Like 1

The Pelt shows them loud and proud, which are definitely on the surface, but the other shows them pretty faint. Dirty rollers never crossed my mind but seems logical, and makes me like them even more. Thanks again for the help and information.

On 4/14/2024 at 8:50 PM, Mibs said:

The Pelt shows them loud and proud, which are definitely on the surface, but the other shows them pretty faint. Dirty rollers never crossed my mind but seems logical, and makes me like them even more. Thanks again for the help and information.

So the second marble is being recognized as a PPP ????? 🔥

RAR

• Like 1

Of the two images I posted showing mine having the circular marks, the first is a Rainbo. The second, I have no idea. It's half brown with the other half no color, as shown, but certainly not a Pelt. More likely a Vitro, or perhaps foreign. I'll dig it out and get a couple more pics taken.

I was more interested in the little dark circular marks and what causes those marks, rather than the marbles themselves, as I have them on a handful from various makers. Initially I thought maybe caused by dirt marks from rejects tossed out, but dirty rollers, as suggested above, makes more sense to me now.

Skipping over the dug Heaton in the 1st photo, and moving on to the 2nd and 3rd photos.  Interesting on that Pelt in the 2nd photo (which might be an Acme Realer and not a PPP) how the splotchy dark crud is only showing on the orange patch and not the whole marble.  I would think that indicates something awry in the molten orange only- some contaminant in the glass itself, and not something picked up on the rollers or the base glass would show this too.  The 3rd marble has a lot of surface damage of which appears simply imbedded with grime or dirt,  possibly from being buried. This is just what I personally see from the photos.  Is it possible to pick up roller crud on only one specific colored part of a marble?  That wouldn't make sense but I'm always open to explanations!

• Like 1