Akro Stats, Cork Counts

Steph

Check this S#$% out:

Alright, I can't get the link to work. Hold on. Try this, go to "Major Dig..."

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZkolieclify

-Dave

That works. its the auction with the pic of the white spiral. Craziness, but corroborates the Hardy story.

Probably close to 40,000 marbles have come out of the Akro site on two different occasions before without the world coming to an end. Of anything dug - less than 5% are usually of a type and condition to merit strong collector interest. That leaves a lot of ballast that diggers will try to sell. I have seen full footlockers of Akro Supermen that the seller couldn't unload.

The Ebay lot prose smacks of bitterness, backstabbing jealousy and blackmail. IMO it doesn not speak well of its author - whoever that is.

Because the auction will be gone in time, I copied the text.....

PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT BID ON THIS AUCTIN!!!!!! AS I JUST WANNA LET ALL KNOW THAT THERE IS A MAJOR MAJOR MAJOR DIG GOING ON AT THE AKRO AGATE DIG SITE WITH A BACK HOE , THOUSANDS UPON THOUSANDS OF MARBLES ARE BEING DUG RIGHT NOW " ",, NOT ONLY THAT BUT THE MAIN DIGGER IS HAVEING AN AFFIAR WITH ANOTHER WOMAN BESIDES HIS OWN WIFE . WHICH IS GOING TO COME TO HIS HOUSE AND CONFRONT HIS WIFE ON THE SPOT!! ,,,AND FORSURE WILL LET HIS WIFE KNOW ABOUT THIS PERSON THAT IS A CHEATER , AND HER NAME AND HER PHONE NUMBER WILL BE REAVLED SOON , PLEASE DO NOT BID ON THIS AUCTION!!, AS I AM JUST LETTING ALL MARBLE DEALERS KNOW THAT THE MARKET FOR AKRO AGATE MARBLES HAS JUST CRASHED SEVERLEY ,,, BECAUSED THE MARBLES ARE COMING OUT BY THE THOUSANDS UPO THOUSANDS!!!!!!!! BELLIVE IT I SEEN FOR MYSELF!! AND THE MAIN DIGGER SELLS ON EBAY,, WE ALL KNOW HIM AND KNOW THAT HE RIPS EVERY ONE OFF EVERY CHANCE HE GETS,, PLEASE CALL ME AT 304-622-5430 AND I WILL REVEAL ALL PERSONS INVOLED IN THIS THIS HUGE BACK HOE DIG AT THE AKRO SITE UPON A PHONE CALL!! AS BELIVE IT THERE ARE THOUSANDS UOPN THUSANDS OF MARBLES JUST POURING OUT OF THE DIG ,,,,AND I AM AFFRAID THAT TIM WILL JUST TRY TOO RIPP EVERYONE OFF HE CAN ,, ALONG WITH FRANK BY HIS SIDE ,, AND WE ALL KNOW WHO I AM TALKING ABOUT!! I WILL LET YOU KNOW WHO IS RIPPING YOU OFF ON THE PHONE CALL!!!!!!!!!!!!-PLEASE CALL 304-622-5430 FOR AY INFORMATION ABOUT THIS SELLER I AM TALKING OF! YOU WILL BE AMAZED!! MY EMAIL IS [email protected] S/H IS $2.00 I DO COMBINE TO SAVE YOU MONEY THANKS SO MUCH FOR LOOKING!! PLEASE EMAIL ME WHEN READY FOR AN INVOICE IN ORDER TO SAVE YOU MONEY ON COMBINED ORDERS!!

Just remember, this is one man's view.................. ;)

Because the auction will be gone in time, I copied the text.....

Just remember, this is one man's view.................. ;)

Dollars to donuts I know the person described in the post as "Tim". He is no stranger to Akro digs. If there IS digging going on - expect wholesale lots to come available soon.

It would be nice if some of these new digs could be documented as the material is found and removed. There is something to be learned (or lost) in most digs of this type.

Thanks for copying that, Sue. I agree it's a bunch of malarky, funny though. And people wonder how we, West Virginian's, maintain our "poor" reputation.

I agree with you also, Alan, that some adherance to archeological techniques and documentation could go a long way to sorting out some questions collectors might have. However, I never see them using back hoes on the Discovery Channel. LOL.

Hopefully some cool marbles will surface at least.

It sounds like a great story to get on Jerry Springer and the publicity would be great for the marble community. "My girlfriend ran off with a guy with a back hoe who is stealing my marbles."

"Get on the pole...get on the pole...get on the pole..." LOL.

Priceless stuff.

-Dave

In the big picture of world politics, it is pretty funny, huh??? ROFLMAO

Alan, I agree... It is sad that this has happened without much "organization...." But, the digging at Akro has been going on for sooooo very long. I'd bet that most of the necessary info is in the heads of the early folks who dug there.... Like Roger Hardy and Al Morin.

I haven't seen Al in years, cuz I've stopped doing shows, but he lives / lived in the town next to mine and I used to see him frequently.... What he knows about Akro and glass in general is amazing!! Roger has done a lot of research for his books and I'm sure he has a ton that hasn't been published.... Given the content of that auction description, much of it may be way more than we want to know!!! LOL