Fairylite ... German? American?

Steph

Here's an adorable box which recently sold on ebay. Looks like it was packaged for the British market but all it says about the marbles is that they are foreign. I first guessed the marbles would be German, but then I wondered about Japanese or American. We would all qualify as foreign if the box was to be sold in England. What do you think?

(click to enlarge)

th_post-279-1199049611.jpg th_post-279-1225314910.jpg

th_post-279-1199049632.jpg th_post-279-1199049636.jpg th_post-279-1199049641.jpg

(source)

Here's an adorable box which recently sold on ebay. Looks like it was packaged for the British market but all it says about the marbles are that they are foreign. I first guessed the marbles would be German, but then I wondered about Japanese or American. We would all qualify as foreign if the box was to be sold in England. What do you think?

(source)

IIRC the Fairlylite toy company was owned by the Graham Brothers in the UK. It manufacturerd and imported from Japan. The logo below looks like a match to yours:

4212-1.jpg

I dreamt about this box last night. Dreamt it was mine and I finally got a good look at the fine print and saw it said 100% made in the U.S.A. (LOL ... this was only a dream!)

Wonder what decade it might be from. The seller estimated "about 1940's".