Contemporary Artist New To Me

kbobam

I hope it's considered acceptable to post a link to an auction piece.

Wouldn't of course post a picture by itself without permission, but assume a seller wouldn't mind someone going 'look at this!'

I hadn't heard of this artist before, and the marble kind of knocked my socks off, so wanted to pass it on to those who've recently expressed an interest in seeing contemporary artists' work. Bob

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...52BSI%26otn%3D4

Geesh, Sue!

I'm getting a little overloaded lately with 'blow my mind' stuff! It just keeps getting better!

Perhaps in the future if you have anything like this to post you could add this simple whatchmacallit to the subject line.

B.M.S.Y.I.A.R.M.S.B.Y.D.P.T.A.A.L.T.M.C. (See? Easy, like adding O.T.!)

This would translate to "Bob! Make sure you're in a relaxed mental state before you download pictures,

thus avoiding any life-threatening medical complications!"

Hey, Bill!

Thanks for the link. Didn't catch it at first.

And to you and Gary, I know I just saw a real nice "Liberty" earlier tonight, while doing my standard searches.

It wasn't from a traditional maker, so some people might object to the seller using the "Liberty" name, but if I'm remembering correctly it was very well done and what I'd consider a bargain. I'll post the link if I can find it. And thank you Vets and all others for the time you spent making us the luckiest people in the world! Cheers, Bob

Aaahhhhhh, But I have the BEST one (Right, Richard??)

Loaded with Dicro core and the pattern sits on the surface...

Too Bad he can't figure out how the heck he did it!!!! :doh:

post-3-1221775384_thumb.jpgpost-3-1221775395_thumb.jpg

.Sue. so many of my marbles are experments. I like doing that because I know I can't do it twice. kinda like a kilidascope. I made one one time. it wasn't finished. my wife called me to come eat. I left it on the punti. put it in the kiln and went to eat. when I came back to work on it. I loved the colors in it so much I made a pendent out of it for myself. All the color rods were still in front of the torch that I used to make it. I couldn't come close to doing it again. makes a big differance just what colors I laid on first, second and so on. plus the temp of the flame on the torch. it would have been easier to give birth to an elephant! But then.... Thats what I like about making marbles.each and everyone one is different. I did try making 2 marbles off the same cane once. the colors were somewhat there. but to look at them you would never guess they came from the same pull! Pauline has one I made that I have been trying to do for the last 4 years. I do remember just how I did it. but can't come close to doing it again. I guess being one of a kind is the way to go. see you at berts. Thanks

richard

Gee, Sue!

It's too bad you have such a one-of-a-kind marble that you would never consider selling, thus preventing the formation of a supply/demand ratio. Technically it'll never be "worth" anything! ( : Really something! Bob

Aaahhhhhh, But I have the BEST one (Right, Richard??)

Loaded with Dicro core and the pattern sits on the surface...

Too Bad he can't figure out how the heck he did it!!!! :doh:

post-3-1221775384_thumb.jpgpost-3-1221775395_thumb.jpg

Sue, that brown and tan with the dicro inside was unusual. what I liked the best was the extra I put on the north pole so to speak. and it's the only one I did like that.

richard

Oh Duhhhhhhh...... I never even noticed Richard's reply within the quote!! :doh:

I'm trying to read through here way too fast!!! LOL :Sad_headshake_tweetz:

'Fixed it, for any others who are "Quote Challenged!!" LOL

Sue..... should..... I..... type.... slower?..... or..... use..... a..... larger..... font?

I'll..... let..... you..... decide!

richard

:lol: