Differences In Flinties

sunk9s

• 2 years later...

Hi all,

I am new to the chat board, but have been hanging around the site for a year.

I was reading an older discussion board post about Akro Flinties, the differences,

colors, sizes etc, so I posted photos of some of my Flinties for you all to

see.

I have a lot of them and I just love them (many of the orange/fire agate type.)

If anyone is interested in more photos, I will gladly post them.

Thanks for the cool site!

Sally

Hi!

The flinties are red. and there is a flint moonie. The flint moonie shines a brilliant bright red when light is passed through. the colored ones are opals, (and packaged as such) if they're akro. they have the same characteristics as a flinty. with varying degress of the opalescent qualities. they have the 'eyes' as well. We call those 'opies'. So there's Flinties, moonies and opies. some of the later ones made lack the eyes, but we don't consider then in the same family. There's also chinese checker marbles with the 'eyes'.

Hi!

The flinties are red. and there is a flint moonie. The flint moonie shines a brilliant bright red when light is passed through. the colored ones are opals, (and packaged as such) if they're akro. they have the same characteristics as a flinty. with varying degress of the opalescent qualities. they have the 'eyes' as well. We call those 'opies'. So there's Flinties, moonies and opies. some of the later ones made lack the eyes, but we don't consider then in the same family. There's also chinese checker marbles with the 'eyes'.

Hello,

Thanks for the info. I have many of them with eyes, you can almost see straight through from eye to eye which I think is awesome. I love the way some Flinties appear almost transparent but have more of a translucent, almost foggy look inside them. The colors are gorgeous when backlit.

I have two peewees that look almost black when you first see them, but they are the deepest, darkest cherry burgundy-red I have ever seen; they're beautiful! They have the translucent quality too.

Did Akro make "Chinese checker marbles" for games? If so, which games had them?

Thanks again,

Sally

Hello,

Thanks for the info. I have many of them with eyes, you can almost see straight through from eye to eye which I think is awesome. I love the way some Flinties appear almost transparent but have more of a translucent, almost foggy look inside them. The colors are gorgeous when backlit.

I saw 'em in the gallery. Lotsa eyes staring back at us. ( :

I like that group shot with the assortment of colors too. The blue ones have a certain appeal.