Cac Pastels

BuckEye

Hi,

I know there is a picture of these some where on here, and I have looked at it, but it is hard to tell if they have cut marks like striped opaques do, or are they transluscent? Can someone shed some light on this for me pretty please. I think i have a few, but am unsure of their exact characteristics. Also any very close up shots of the box and or each color separately would be amazingly helpful!

thanks so much in advance fellow marble wizards

Craig

Hi Craig.

Here's mine which I posted once for ID. It's opaque with transparent rivulets. It has a single seam. It went from being not a CAC to being a good candidate. I've matched the blue with known CACs in hand so I feel pretty good about it.

PaleBlueSingleSeam.jpg

More views:

(click on link for larger version)

PaleBlueSingleSeam_B-1.jpg

http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o151/modularforms/CAC/PaleBlueSingleSeam_B.jpg

I think the LOM page which featured Ken's box is gone. The old link doesn't work.

What I THINK I remember reading about his is that the box contained three types: some handgathered, some single seam, some two seam.

Hi Craig.

Here's mine which I posted once for ID. It's opaque with transparent rivulets. It has a single seam. It went from being not a CAC to being a good candidate. I've matched the blue with known CACs in hand so I feel pretty good about it.

I think the LOM page which featured Ken's box is gone. The old link doesn't work.

What I THINK I remember reading about his is that the box contained three types: some handgathered, some single seam, some two seam.

My box is at the bank but here's a pic of my extras. They are opaque. The shades of each color vary all over the place. Some have all kinds of character others have no personality at all

post-74-1243524827_thumb.jpg

I like. :-)

Looks like your ribbons might be blue like mine, and maybe faded a bit the same way mine did in the photos. Mine photographed as close to clear but they're blue and a little darker than the rest of the mib. Just a little detail, but still interesting to me

Indeed.

For the record, Pete made an interesting update to how the pastels came to be known as that:

Oh, and there was no name on the box. "Pastel Opaques" came from Bob. I think he used it to refer to them in a descriptive way; "You've got to see Pete's box of pastel opaques..." that's what they were - Opaques, but decidedly pastel in color, as compared to what one typically runs into. I guess the name stuck.

I'd assumed it was a company name. I don't think I was alone. Always neat to discover the origin of a name. (And thanks to Pete for setting the record straight before the details were lost in oblivion!)