Master Marble Bag

n2marbles

Is the picture of the HOUSE on the

label.....a picture of the house that

was in the 1934 Worlds Fair that was

built using M.M. marbles ????

Does anyone know what happened to

that HOUSE after the Fair ???

I just re-read the fine print on the label.

So forget the first question.

RAR

Thanks Chris!! I tried to change the size in the original post, but in order to add, I had to eliminate the original and it wouldn't let me do that.... <_<

Steve, if you don't know how to reduce and you'd like to post the other side, send me an attachment to scoop54@aol (dot) com, I'll shrink it and send it back to you...

I know how to do it on my computer, but I don't know how to instruct others to do it!!

(We need another "Roanypoany Tutorial!!")

GREAT BAG!!! I'd expect that it's a rare one..... And, it also looks to be clearly original....

It says to "Ask about a story of a marble".... I wonder what that means??? Is it a booklet? Anyone know?

I'm not IGNORING the BAG !!!! I want IT !!!!

I'm just curious if it was a PROMO from the FAIR

like the Akro Agates ?????

OR.......I'm reach'n here again !!!!

Could those bags have been made AFTER

the FAIR ?????

And the marbles from the HOUSE are

the ones in those BAGS ?????

M.M. History BUFFS.........anyone ????

RAR

There were at least 7 or 8 boxes by Master Marble offered at the 1933/34 Chicago Worlds Fair but I think that this is the only bag. There's a Worlds Fair show in Elk Grove Village, just West of Chicago, coming up in March and someone there might have answers about the bag or other questions you all might have. Art

Yeah.... I was having trouble with space... So, I went kinda conservative...

I didn't realize... Apparently, the photo space we use isn't based on "per post." It's charged to our ID accumulatively...

Since I copy and reload stuff to be hosted by the board, or offer to load stuff in for someone else, I end up runnin' out of photo space pretty fast... <_< Lou says it's not a problem... But, it's frustrating!!

At least now I know why it happens!!! (I thought it was the fish bowl and almost "flushed" Larry, Curly & Moe!!)

One way to get those bigger, without using any more space.... Steve, the frames are lovely... But, I could make those pictures quite a bit bigger without 'em!!! Can we strip 'em down??

Yeah.... I was having trouble with space... So, I went kinda conservative...

I didn't realize... Apparently, the photo space we use isn't based on "per post." It's charged to our ID accumulatively...

Since I copy and reload stuff to be hosted by the board, or offer to load stuff in for someone else, I end up runnin' out of photo space pretty fast... <_< Lou says it's not a problem... But, it's frustrating!!

At least now I know why it happens!!! (I thought it was the fish bowl and almost "flushed" Larry, Curly & Moe!!)

One way to get those bigger, without using any more space.... Steve, the frames are lovely... But, I could make those pictures quite a bit bigger without 'em!!! Can we strip 'em down??

I cold try but it's automatic when I try to send pictures. I didn't pic them out. Steve

Thanks Sue for helping me.......

OK Steve, I'll cut them off... It must be a setting somewhere that is set... If you get a chance, take a few pictures and experiment, both with the camera and then, with the program that stores your pictures in your hard drive....

I know not all computers and programs are alike, so I can only tell you what options I have... Maybe it will help a few....

I have a file set up that's only for pictures... The page is set to show thumb nails (little pictures) If I right click on one of those thumb nails, there's an option that says "Open With >" When I click on that, there are more options... The 2 options I use most are "Picture It 7.0" and "Paint"....

I know that there is a way to reduce a photo with Paint... But, for the most part, I use Picture It for most everyday photo changes....

If you have "Picture It 7.0" (I'm not sure if this applies to anything but a 7.0.... I've never used anything else...) Click on it!!

When the program opens, there are a bunch of cool options.... Experimenting is really the best way to learn and it's really easy!!

But, to stay on topic.... For reducing a photo, click on "Format" on the top tool bar... It will open to show the current size in inches.... I prefer using pixels, cuz that's what I'm used to... So, I scroll down in the "units" category to "pxl" ..... Pictures that are fresh out of my camera, are 1600 x 1200... I like the 400 x 300 size (I find it's best for ebay) But... In the case of, say.... this bag, for the board, I'd probably go with 500 or even 600 (You only need to change one number.... I do the largest.... The other will change automatically to match) You must remember to click on "Done" at the bottom of the page... Then, click on the exit X... It will ask you if you want to save what you have done.... Click on "Yes" and Bingo!! The picture will be smaller in you photo file!!

If your experimenting.... You can do anything you want to a picture... Just remember (unless you like the result...) to click on "No" when it asks to save it.... Then, it will return to what it was originally!!

I really hope this can help some of you!!

Maybe we can get a few of these tutorials together and cover a few more people???

Here's the result, at 600 pxl... (That's probably bigger than it needs to be... I may cut it down to 500... But, I've gotta get "Sister Barbara" to the dentist, now!! LOL)

post-3-1168366721_thumb.jpg