A Morbid Question, Maybe Lol

glangley

I was just curious, been to the doctor a lot lately. Had to go again today and again tomorrow for some more testing with a surgical proceedure on the horizon, next Friday morning. If someone was to be creamated after passing, would it be possible to mix the ashes with a load of molten glass to make a set or two of Jabo's? I know I may be thinking a little ahead of myself and I am not trying to focus on the worse case senerio, but... It would be very cool if and when I do pass that this could be done so my kids could have a little part of me, and my soul in something I love so very much. However, I don't know how the ashes would affect the glass load in the hopper or if the glass would even be able to sustain some of the ashes without burning them off completely. I know it's an odd and maybe morbid question but if anyone knows about this I would like to hear if this is possible. I have heard of people that have their ashes mixed with concrete to make big fishy homes that are dropped in the ocean for artificial reefs. I just wanted to know if glass would work as well. Now the ashes are not ashes exactly, but more like pellets for those who don't know. I am someone who will have my body creamated after I pass and if I could use them for something as cool as a run of marbles it would keep me smiling for eternity. I hope I haven't grossed anyone out, lol If you don't want to post directly to this please pm me as I am very interested in this. And just for the record, none of my health problems are related to lead or other contaminates related to polishing glass in prior unsafe method. hehe Just FYI, lol Thank you and God Bless you all!

Heya Gary.........John Gilvey is a great glass artist and works out of a very old refurbished firehouse in Beacon, NY. The name of his studio is Hudson Beach Glass. John's son Luke is also a glass artist and he does exactly what you have described above. Take a look at his studio, which is fittingly named Eternity Glass.

Here you go: Eternity Glass

Good luck!!

Neat Idea. A contemorary marble artist may even be able to do it. Make a few very special marbles.

My sister mixed some of Moms ashes into the ink used for a portrait tatoo she had done of Mother. Moms really with her at all times. Peace,Galen

The tattoo is a very cool idea! I am swinging towards marbles though. Thanks for the info, I really appreciate it. Not like im planning on going anyway soon, just had the idea and thought i'd through it out there and see if this was possible. If anyone else has any other info or idea's please feel free to post. As long as there on the serious side. Thanks again, and God Bless!

Ashes of a loved one in a marble is not without precedence. With the untimely death of Les Jones the marble community lost one of our own. Sue had several marbles made with Les's ashes in them. Gave them to family members and kept one that she's had in the room with her at all the marble shows since then.

Bill

Heya Gary.........John Gilvey is a great glass artist and works out of a very old refurbished firehouse in Beacon, NY. The name of his studio is Hudson Beach Glass. John's son Luke is also a glass artist and he does exactly what you have described above. Take a look at his studio, which is fittingly named Eternity Glass.

Here you go: Eternity Glass

Good luck!!

Thank you, this is way better than having my ashes put in the nearest dumpster,, lol,,, now i have to change my will,, thanks for the link to this, neat idea,,,,bj