Nothing On Ebay Anymore...

m!b$

Something funny's going on. Although if your post connects with the 'where is everybody' posts. then maybe it's a question of people returning from the shows. Then we'll have more stuff than we want to see to choose from! I can't wait.

What's everybody doing, hoarding all their marbles? Seems like I haven't bought anything for weeks. One or two sellers with some good stuff, and the rest is mostly just junk.

Maybe it's because even the Killer stuff isn't bringing what it should, unless of course your Alan, i know i ain't listing good stuff with the way things are right now......

I think there are great deals on fleabay right now. I will agree that the number of auctions is down and that there is a lack of killer textbook examples being sold but still hidden treasures nonetheless. There have been tons of groups of handmades lately that I think sold quite reasonably.

I would have thought with the way the economy/jobs are at this time alot of nice marbles would hit the market. Just the opposite has happened. As someone else stated people have hunkered down. My work is slow(carpenter) but I'm not selling out of my collection either. Lets face it if you have some really nice marbles that you thought of upgrading but you can't afford to buy better ones you are going to keep what you already have. The economy, jobs collectibles everything runs in cycles. Just my two cents.

Charles

I concur, and it's not just marbles either, although i can't say the same for clocks, they have went up in price and are selling really good, this time last year i sold several Coca Cola clocks and some other advertising stuff and got buyers price out of it, the same clocks are now selling for Collectors price which kind of has me stumped. Nothing to do but wait and see what happens with the economy, FWIW i been finding some cool stuff on the bay, but then again i mainly collect swirls...

Just ask Darla she will tell you there is stuff to be had......

Found some nice ones yesterday at an antique store.I've gotten some good stuff off ebay recently but not anything too expensive.It's a good time to go thru the old stuff and find somthin'.Like that yellow hand gathered slag I found the other day.It's been there for years and I hadn't discovered it.Got too see everything with a fresh eye.Bo

post-1768-1234730847_thumb.jpg

post-1768-1234730871_thumb.jpg

post-1768-1234730899_thumb.jpg

post-1768-1234730932_thumb.jpg

This topic has come quite often over the last 6 years.

Are "people" looking for $100.00+ marbles hoping to score for less then $50.00 ???

Are people wanting 20-50 variations of e.g. Pop-Eyes to choose from ???

Or are "you" looking for that rare marble that has never been listed ???

Just curious

RAR

I liked it when I got that powder blue aventurine zebra and forty-one other aventurine marbles for less than $30.00 including shipment.I didn't even notice the color at auction,just bid and thought it was a good gamble.It's my new fav marble.I call it baby-blue....

When I do my marble search on eBay every night, it would be nice if there were a few more auctions that enticed me to click on them and check them out further. There's all too many that a glance at the title and thumbnail seems more than enough time spent on them.

What's everybody doing, hoarding all their marbles? Seems like I haven't bought anything for weeks. One or two sellers with some good stuff, and the rest is mostly just junk.

You are not far wrong, but there may be more good stuff about than you think. Try searching newly listed, especially from not regular marble sellers or collectors. You may find some and if you are really quick, you might get to the seller before they accept what they think is an unbeatable offer of a buy it now from someone quicker. However, if you miss them, don't worry, they'll probably be back on the bay again soon but shown in a way you won't miss them, but neither will anyone else.