Intriguing Pic ... 1960?

Steph

This is supposed to be a 1960 ad, from ebay. The seller assured me the year was correct and the ad style fits that time but the marbles made me do a double take. Do you think spotted mibs like that existed then? Or is this an artist's rendering of imagined marbles and only a coincidence that they look so much marbles made decades later?

(click to enlarge)

Image1467-1.jpg

i do know that around that time all the kids round here wanted clearies.....i dont know if the companies was pushin em then or not...i was 10 years old or so....i know we wanted em..i think its a valid ad...

In 1960 I was thumbing to California from New England! Furthest thing from my thoughts was marbles. My

suspicions are that if this isn't a photograph turned on its side with some odd refraction going on then it's an

illustration by someone with a fanciful imagination (read fantasy marbles). I cannot recall anything like those

showing up early on and identified as 1960s except for clearys. David Chamberlain

Yeah, that makes sense ... either way ... odd glimpses of the neighboring marbles and/or some enhancement by the artist.

Makes me want to fill a pitcher with clearies and then stare at it for awhile to see what I notice that I hadn't expected, like clouds.

i do know that around that time all the kids round here wanted clearies.....i dont know if the companies was pushin em then or not...i was 10 years old or so....i know we wanted em..i think its a valid ad...

Duffy darlin you were never 10 years old. hahahahhaHAhahahahaha

love ya Duff

This is supposed to be a 1960 ad, from ebay. The seller assured me the year was correct and the ad style fits that time but the marbles made me do a double take. Do you think spotted mibs like that existed then? Or is this an artist's rendering of imagined marbles and only a coincidence that they look so much marbles made decades later?

(click to enlarge)

Image1467-1.jpg

hey, those look like Benningtons when you magnify them.