Jabo Private Run Poll

This one is growing on me more every minute.

It's the new, June 4, 2009 Jabo Ultra run.

Burt

P.S. I understand that in my haste to post this picture, I grabbed 3 marbles from my pocket that were given to me during the Ultra run, that are actually from Smitty's Foxfire run. They are No. 1 in the top row, and No. 1 & 3 in the second row from the top. Smitty, I apologize. Please note the beauty of Smitty's marbles. My mistake was purely that, a dumb mistake. All the marbles in this picture are getting along with each other quite well.

Burt

post-254-1244375011_thumb.jpg

Hi Smitty,

I accept that as a compliment. Your Foxfires are outstanding.

Maybe it has something to do with the same machine, similar glass, and similar ideas.

In any case, I think they are both very special runs.

Thanks for the compliment.

Burt

WHATT! JABO ULTRA?!? And I am just finding this out? Man, those are sweet, and a couple really do look like the Foxies. What a stellar job Burt! Who was in on this run if you can say? Nice, the whole left side of that triangle blows my mind, but what really grabbed my attention in the pic was the minty white color flame in the center! I don't think that is a color I have seen before in the Jabo runs. Anyone know for sure if it's a new color? Man, nice job!

God Bless!

I'm partial to the Last Dance Run. I think it required a whole different frame of mind to get into it....to understand the marbles they being as dark as they are. Unfortunately some people rejected them right off, out-of-hand, because of that. They required a more sophisticated appreciation of marbles I believe.

Then this Foxfire run recently is hellacious! Really most every run has had something to commend it; more than a little something.

It has been in some measure a progressive experience and a learning process with continual experimentation. For some this has been overlooked in their intense involvement with specific runs. As the book title says this has been a regular Renaissance in machine-made marble making. David Chamberlain

Burt I can only fit 20 choices in the poll and I don't think everyone has seen the new Ultras, yet.

I will certaintly add them to the next poll. Which I will have right after this one ends.

DAMN! :Emoticon-jawdrop: Looks like them Ultras would win hands down. .

Don't mean to bust anyone's bubble, but I don't like any of the new-run marbles, with the exception of a very few error Foxfires that I've seen on eBay, one of which, I recently bought, and it's killer (even with the orange), better than these photos!

My Foxfire

Don't mean to bust anyone's bubble, but I don't like any of the new-run marbles, with the exception of a very few error Foxfires that I've seen on eBay, one of which, I recently bought, and it's killer (even with the orange), better than these photos!

My Foxfire

Yeah, that's a nice one you have on eBay.

Lou

All I can do is tell you why I didn't vote -- I don't really have a favorite run, or an opinion about which run is best. They have all produced some brilliant types, a lot of some and not so many for others. It would be easier for me to pick my favorite types from the various runs!

Ann

I voted for them all because I see it like this:

1) The 2008's were known as the Experimentals, many things were done there.

2) The 2009's show the great results of the experiments done in 2008 and,

3) As I understand it, experimentation continued in 2009, as seen in some of the tank/wash-out marbles.

Each run having something to offer to appeal to marble enthusiasts.

It's stages, the levels it has evolved through, are all part of the total picture.

Have a wonderful day!

:-) Felicia