The New Forum Look

Tim

The old forum had a feature I used all the time - to find and view new posts . This one does not that I can see. It has a "View New Content" button, but it only displays threads I have never looked at since the move (5741 of them). Once I view a thread, it never again shows up in "View New Content", no matter how many posts appear afterward. If I reply in a topic, and somebody else replies after me, I want to be able to see that.

Yes I know I can find my posts under my account, then inspect each one to see if there is a later reply. The old forum "View new posts" made that much easier. Am I missing something?

I'm having a similar problem with the new content button. I didn't notice it at first because it gave me a couple of new threads. Later I realized it didn't give me all the threads which had been responded to since my last log in.

go to your Profile (upper right of screen) and select My Settings from the little triangle/drop-down list.

then select the Forums tab and make sure there is a check in front of "Watch every topic I reply to"

post-150-124716075901_thumb.jpg

Thanks Paula. That will help.

It appears I am forced to slog through all the forums to keep on top of things though. I don't reply to every interesting post, and occasionally a post becomes interesting some time after my first view. The old forum "View new posts" feature was nice while it lasted.

• 2 weeks later...