Box Sets From The Net

greg11

Wow. I don't know whether to cheer up because there are so many boxes out there, and I at least got to see these, or to be depressed because even one is so far out of my league . . .

Question:

In the Akro Imperials box there's a row of the aqua / horsehair oxbloods. Love 'em and buy them when I can. Not sure I knew Akro made any -- I know Alley did, and Peltier made a few. Has anyone studied enough of this type to be able to tell who made what? Or can you point me in the right direction if there's an existing thread in the archives?

Thanx,

Ann

Heres a few more pics of the Master College Box..

This is when i first got it, had like 4 or 5 Vitro's in it i think, so i had to back fill it with some of my nice Masters, i really do wish i would have used the Master Clearies instead of letting all those nice Masters go.

MasterBox1.jpg

Heres a pic after i back filled it.

Masterupgrade.jpg

And some Random pics.

MasterBox11.jpg

MasterBox.jpg

MasterBox2.jpg

Still got this Bag left, i may try and sell it this week.

ContentsOfBag2.jpg

Greg:

Astonishment.jpg

Way to wake us up!

Ann:

I'm guessing that box is at least partially backfilled / mis-filled. By someone who thought the ox meant Akro? maybe? Or maybe those were just their very favorite marbles and they put them in their favorite marble box without worrying about maker? (lol) or something like that . . .

Here's a horsehair ox thread. Horsehair Examples?

Kevin: how much do you miss that box!?

I'm guessing that box is at least partially backfilled / mis-filled. By someone who thought the ox meant Akro? maybe? Or maybe those were just their very favorite marbles and they put them in their favorite marble box without worrying about maker? (lol) or something like that . . .

Thanks, Steph -- I'm not confident in my non-corkscrew Akro knowledge, so your idea that the row might be backfilled or misfilled gave me a sense of relief . . . In my head, I was looking at that row and going "What?? Akro?? You're kidding. How have I missed that??

Am off to the horsehair oxblood thread straighaway!

Ann

why question the horsehair oxbloods and not the orange and white swirls that are on the left side of the box?

i have questions that any of those marbles are truly original to that very box

i wish it were mine but still would have concerns over the contents

just 2 cents

steve