Bimbo Curious

ann

So far, I've managed to avoid getting hung up on the Peltier character marbles (gotta have one of each - I do NOT want to go there) but I'm a sucker for Bimbo. I don't even want to think about why. So here's my question for Peltier people . . . I have a Bimbo on yellow with a red patch (which seems to be the most usual), and a Bimbo on white with a green patch (haven't seen many). Anybody have, or know of, Bimbo on other color combinations of Peerless Patches?

Thanks,

Ann

Yep. I have the Bimbo on yellow with a red patch -- I think I got it from marblealan . . . But now, thanks to your link, I see that I'm going to have to spend the rest of my life searching for a Bimbo on green with a yellow patch, and a Bimbo on blue with a yellow patch. Like I'd have the funds if I ever found them . . . but I'll worry about that then!

Thanks, I think!

Ann

talk about timing! I got a call from a new collector tonight. He is looking for an original comic box. has the marbles, well most of them, but needs a box. anyone know of one available anywhere?

oh yeah... my bimbo is yellow with an orange patch....and aint he cute?

oh yeah... my bimbo is yellow with an orange patch....and aint he cute?

Jeez, OK, yellow with an orange patch, too. And no, I don't have much hope that I'll ever SEE a Bimbo on blue in person, or that if I find one, the owner won't know what it is . . .

Anybody ever seen one on white with a blue patch?

(and zaboo, I'm not usually much on cute, but I swear yes, he's just the cutest thing! Also helps that he's wierd, and named Bimbo!)

Thanks everyone,

Ann

I grabbed these images out of an old Block's catalog

On Blue with yellow (went for 340.00 in 2007)

and on Green with yellow (went for 340.00)

(they also had one on yellow with red base)

good luck hunting

Painful. Very painful.

The comics were some of the VERY first marbles to be rumored reproduced... VERY early in my collecting, this was happening... I bought one through the Antique Trader, recieved it VERY dirty, tried washing it and the print started to wash off... I packed that puppy back up, sent it back and canceled payment on my check... The woman accused me of sending back a different marble.. Those were the days when picture comparisons just weren't as feasible as they are now...

That said.... I'd like to have a serious look at those in Block's book before worrying too much about finding one...

NO, I'm not saying I think they're fakes.... ONLY that the possibility exists and should be considered....

The comics were some of the VERY first marbles to be rumored reproduced... VERY early in my collecting, this was happening... I bought one through the Antique Trader, recieved it VERY dirty, tried washing it and the print started to wash off... I packed that puppy back up, sent it back and canceled payment on my check... The woman accused me of sending back a different marble.. Those were the days when picture comparisons just weren't as feasible as they are now...

That said.... I'd like to have a serious look at those in Block's book before worrying too much about finding one...

NO, I'm not saying I think they're fakes.... ONLY that the possibility exists and should be considered....

Good point. Take a look at Alan's link, above, for lots 68 & 71. They're the same, aren't they? What do you think?

At the moment, I'm more worried about finding one, since my chances of having enough $$$ to buy it would be slim to none! And then would come the weepin, the wailing . . .

is the bimbo the only one you're looking for?

Yep. One of those limits I make myself observe, when it comes to buying marbles. Like I cannot allow myself to buy a marble biger than 1 and 1/8 [larger ones to me are orbs or spheres or something; I can't let myself think of them as marbles!]. I have to restrict myself with size, because I can't restrict myself with type or period. I'm weak.

Well, I confess I've been eyeing Koko a lot lately . . .