Fish Ate Marble

decent 30 lb halibut caught fishing from the beach casting into surf and slowly retrieving 4 marbles with a hook. i drilled through each 3/8" marble, ran wire leader w/hook. a couple of beads between mibs gives it very good action bouncing along bottom. used amber color mibs and yes it isn't easy drilling through glass.........jack

post-1692-125893825046_thumb.jpg

decent 30 lb halibut caught fishing from the beach casting into surf and slowly retrieving 4 marbles with a hook. i drilled through each 3/8" marble, ran wire leader w/hook. a couple of beads between mibs gives it very good action bouncing along bottom. used amber color mibs and yes it isn't easy drilling through glass.........jack

That's cool - never thought about using marbles for a bait!

Don

Good question, where is Griff! Lol!!

this is the marble rig that fooled that halibut.it's a lot of work moving up and down the beach and probably a hundred casts and finally a hookup. in the past three years i have hooked and landed 15 halibut from 15 lbs to my 30lbs. i caught the rest bouncing this chrome spoon but i just had to try this crazy rig i came up with. it takes about 1/2 hour to drill through one marble and i don't really want to make any more lol. thanks, jack

post-1692-125903258749_thumb.jpg

post-1692-125903261016_thumb.jpg