New Marbles In Old Jars

m!b$

Yeah, I know what you mean. Cats are too smart, too independant, and just too damn unpredictable! :confused-smileys-327: Alas, our smoozing could have been historic. But it is probably for the best.

I do have a really obnoxious cat--one of 2, who seems to think he knows more about marble photograhpy than I do. I will post his antics later. His name is Archie. Archabald when he is in trouble. ^_^

Thanks for the brief interlude. ;)

What is sad is that she has made $850.00 or so (quick mental math) in the last 2 weeks flogging this crap. All the seller is guilty of really is being lazy. How can she control nut jobs bidding silly money on what she is just cranking out? There are flash in the pants sellers like this from time to time on the bay. Eventually it will peter off and she will end up selling "assorted vintage marbles group #1" ect ect.. like a number of other picker sellers on ebay.

I used to write off people like that as "stupid", but I've come to the realization that they are smarter (maybe "crafty" is a more appropriate word) than I gave them credit for being. They have an impressive degree of psychologically perceptive insights into human nature.

• 2 months later...

I finally figured out where she's getting all those 3/4" mineral marbles that she's been selling for ten times what she paid for them.

(Remember this thread...about the seller that lives in the 150 year old house where she found marbles in the basement in dirty jars...)

She gets them here...

...and she sells them here...

I actually bid on this marble, knowing it was a newer mineral marble, of course, but not knowing the first thing about what they sell for...

Her reply:

Well I'm sorry your wrong...I do not buy them. I really did find them in my basement. Sorry to burst your bubble. And I really do live in a 150 old home. If you don't want buy them then don't. I would hope you have better things to do then harrass me. And have a great weekend..Your friend Tammy

- tammysvintagemarbles

Hey now... C'mon... Let's not be too hasty here....

She says she found them in her basement... The basement of a house 150 years old, could be dirt, yes??

We have NO IDEA how long she's been digging in that basement!!

Check your globes people!!

:rolleye-842::rolleye-842::rolleye-842::rolleye-842:

Let me get this straight because I'm limited in eBay smarts but if I punch in tammy'svintagemarbles or something to that effect when I get to eBay I'll be able to scope in on whatever her latest offerings are so that I can be a regular HARASSER of her ass? Has anyone yet let her know that she has been ID'd at the main marble IDing board for marble collectors? Maybe we should start a Marble Hall of Infamy. I know we have eBay Seller Lists to Keep and eye on but maybe this should be institutionalized. David

'Been there, Done that, David!!!

Questionable Ebay Sellers

We keep it in the squabble Zone, cuz it's not really what we want to be about... (she says with a questionable tone??)

It probably should be mentioned more often though....

Let me see if I can find you a link.... HOWEVER!!! I must warn you that...

We have had ebay sellers come here to bitch at us before... It's not always fun.

It may end up over at SZ (Squabble Zone...)