New Marbles In Old Jars

m!b$

Well, you know...the age of your house is essential to the storyline. Ebay sellers who don't have anything else to sell have to come up with a storyline that helps them sell a story. This seller is guilty of keyword spamming. She's also posting misleading titles in order to avoid having to write an accurate description of each item. Posting glass and mineral egg listings in the marble category is also a violation of ebay policy. You could report the listing violations, but it probably won't accomplish anything other than wasting your time.

Anyway, the buyers who buy the story will get a bonus marble or egg to look at while they come to the realization that they have been had.

Actually those could easily be accurate Jabo colors. I'm of a mind that this person knows that most of these Jabos are 3/4" and she is giving herself an out by mentioning that she's approximating the size by measuring with a ruler. It could be one of the 3/4"+ ones. What gets to me is the cloying nature of her rambling drivel. It looks like a Jabo from the Rainbow run. I'm wondering if anyone out there associated with this run might know this person and the chuck 'n' jive schtick she's giving to this marble. This is the kind of thing that turns people against Jabo marbles unfortunately when it's a perfectly nice and innocent marble. David

I know a Jabo Woodstock when I see it!! And they are always around 1", as far as I know, never 3/4". And none of mine have that pastel pink and mint green that all of hers have had that she's listed so far. And they've been selling for a LOT more than I've ever been able to get for them!

Here is her response to my question about the colors being true:

"Yes there even brighter...Thank you and good luck!!Your friend Tammy"

I think the marble probably looks more like the second picture. Still, a very nice marble, but not so pastel.

We should learn from them!

I do have a basement. And some old cans. And some Jabos.

Pretty sure I can get some dirt to put the cans in.

Hey, I'm almost ready for business!

Well, you won't be in business for long. You're missing one key ingredient...a CRIMINAL PERSONALITY!

*blush* Thank you very much for the compliment Doogle. :-)

I really do suck at schmoozing. I know a lot of it is fear. Seen too many foolish people lapping up other people's praise and believing it. Don't want to wake up one morning and find I was a fool.

But LOL I am a BIT jealous of the people who have fun with all the bragging and cavorting. (Dang, I sound smug, don't I. SOORRRRYY!)

We all got our own comfort levels. :0) Takes all kinds.

So what do you think, guys? Auction ended at $18.36. Okay price for a Woodstock in spite of the story?