Mountaineer Shooters Blister Pack

there is a rarity factor to these tho...they didnt sell well so theres a lot of em where the card has no damage at all....there were plenty in cases...the cost of packing em proved to be a losing affair so they were discontinued

They're C.E. Bogard & Co. Cool packaging. The black one is considered the 'ringer.' Funny thing about these when they first surfaced back in the 1990s someone who was totally non-marbles but into Antiques & Collectibles had them advertised in 2 or 3 national Antique & Collectible publications @ $100 or more per pkg. I don't rightly recall the exact figure but it was absurdly high. Then not too long afterwards, as this often happens, they were being offed at $20+ per pkg. It really is kind of a neat packaging although rather stereotypical. I'd be a little bent about it if a native of West Virginia. I've a cpl. pkgs. kicking around here. I'd peg them at $35 ea. I think Mike Johnson in AMMM(2006) puts a price on them. David

I was trying to figure out if any of them were Marble King.

According to AMMM, Bogard bought cats from MK to package as Bogard, and MK bought industrials from Bogard to fill their industrial orders.

Actually Mike Johnson pegs them @ $15 to $25 per pkg. I have seen these pkgs. with the same marbles as are in the Bogard 50 poly pkgs.(See my article on Bogard at joemarbles.com). And it is highly possible that the pkgs. have a mix of two different company marbles in them but the black and orange ones have always been associated with Bogard. The more correctly formed cat's-eyes in the pkg. shown here are just like the ones in the Bogard 50 poly pkgs. but there were very few of them in the 10 bags I opened and did a statistical count on. With all that said, I'm still a little fuzzy about attribution. David

Edited by Scoop
added Link