Removing Of Rust

Hi and hope everyone is well - recently picked up a lot of marbles there were a few that looked like the came out of a dump (Jersey style) and have some reddish oxidation on them - does anyone know a safe - relatively fast way of cleaning them up thanks in advance Pop.

Hi and hope everyone is well - recently picked up a lot of marbles there were a few that looked like the came out of a dump (Jersey style) and have some reddish oxidation on them - does anyone know a safe - relatively fast way of cleaning them up thanks in advance Pop.

"The works" or any toilet bowl cleaner that claims to remove rust, does not hurt glass,, bj

I have used muriatic acid many times, it's major use is for cleaning pools, ceramic tile and glass... It will eat-up metal in a heart beat, you have to be careful with it... We have a well here, no city water... The well water has a lot of iron, so our toilet, tub and shower and the sinks get rusty fast... I have been using the muriatic acid for cleaning straight and diluted for nearly the 40 I lived here... It has never hurt a (glass) marble so far... Flush well with water... Do not use a sponge, the acid eats it... I use a 100% cotton cloth... The acid doesn't affect the cotton... Be careful if you do use it, and wear some kind of glasses... Practice/test on a nasty marble first... I would advise using rubber gloves... I don't use any gloves, the acid burns if it gets in a cut or scrape... wacko.gif