Seattle Marble Show

I can't wait for the Seattle show and go to the Glass museum and watch students work. They have about 7 ovens. They tell you all about what there doing and about the different tempatures the glass is while working on it. Can't wait to see all my marble heads......Steve

The Tacoma Glass Museum is just down the road a few miles from the show hotel. If you have not been there, it is a treat. Besides the museum itself and the glass work area, there is a bridge going over the highway to the Museum that has Chihuly glass items in the ceiling- amazing. Here's one pic of the bridge ceiling and two (very poor but you get the idea) of the glass making area.

PLus, it'll be a great marble show, too! Where is this Crab Pot, Galen? Sounds good!

post-60-12766223264_thumb.jpg

post-60-127662237939_thumb.jpg

post-60-127662240158_thumb.jpg

i like running down to the great mall of china. there's a japanese restaurant there that's wonderful!

or up to the heart of seattle. there's some fine eats just waiting! yumyum :-)and the world famous pike street market. heck Galen you could run up there and bring a cooler of crab back for everyone! one year we had a cooler full of puget sound spot prawns. best in the world!

almost walkin distance is the bahama breeze. coconut shrimp to die for. or we could find a BBQ and throw on some copper river salmon too...ok, i'm hungry now...

I will be there. I have been dreaming about a mixed Crab feast like the one at the Crab Pot that was on Man Vs Food. Marbles Glass Seafood and great marble buddies, Can't wait!!!!!

It's a date...if nothing else well get the crabs in Seattle....lol Really where goin!!!!!!

The Tacoma Glass Museum is just down the road a few miles from the show hotel. If you have not been there, it is a treat. Besides the museum itself and the glass work area, there is a bridge going over the highway to the Museum that has Chihuly glass items in the ceiling- amazing. Here's one pic of the bridge ceiling and two (very poor but you get the idea) of the glass making area.

PLus, it'll be a great marble show, too! Where is this Crab Pot, Galen? Sounds good!

Thanks for posting the pics Al, Seattle's nice cause you can walk or take the train anywhere...it's a date for some crab with Galen

nawwww.... don''t pay that for snow crab and mussles(eww!) no kidding, you can get fresh cooked crab and a loaf of fresh bread at the market and bring it back with ya! (the rstaurant crab has been frozen). ya want the fresh stuff silly! better yet, If i can get some fresh live dungeness, I'll cook ya up some and bring it to the hotel still warm! now that's yummy! lol! wonder what heidi would think of live crabs.... hmmmmmmmmmm could be really good for some laughs!! she likes digging clams!

post-24-127673032709_thumb.jpg

lol steve... small explanation here... we all randomly leave marbles everywhere we go for people to find. actually hubby and I do this all year long.lol and also hand them out to children. we use all makers marbles, like this one we left at the woodland park zoo....

monkeyshinezoo.jpg

Galen, hubby says he'll find ya some king and kona crab.lol crab1.gif

Too cool.

I hope you dont mind if I take up that practice.

David

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

tupelo:

(lol) that look I know.

I cant display many marbles because I give so many to the kids that stop by.

Turn your back and a 1" mint MFC goes missing or gets into a game (lol)

so I keep most/all put up so there is no confusion.

But priceless is the look

and hell the MFC really did want in the game. (lol)

destiny yaknow

Too cool.

I hope you dont mind if I take up that practice.

David

heck no! go for it. it's tons of fun! we left about 10 marbles in odd places that day. we also have ones that are large printed with the IAMC logo we leave as well. :-) who knows, could be found by a future marble collector! but I have to say, the look on kids faces when they find them and you can watch is priceless. we gave out a lot of jabos last vegas show too, handed them to little kids(with parents ok of course) and it was a blast. it's like you handed them gold. lots of smiles that day!

Funny we were at the Crab Pot in Rancho Mirage last weekend for the first time and ordered some feast that they just spred out on the table and everybody pulled from the center (not like monkey brains) anyway call me old fashion but I like my food on a plate. Let go to a great spot for scalops and lobster...sorry for all the misspelings.....I'm so anxious...

Love these stories. I am new to collecting but this sort of thing is what hooked me. All the "freebies" included by sellers, giving away marbles, and best yet, hiding them in the park for others to find. I have the same compulsion-to give away perfectly nice marbles to people, just trying to make their day. I like to send little evenvelopes to my nephews-makes their day and mine. It's great to share marbles! Which is crazy cause I don't have many and want them all too!