Sistersville Marble Festival

sissydear

I had a wonderful time this year, better than past events. I want to make sure I do one very important thing before I go any further. I want to tell everyone how great a special person was. This person spent an hour and twenty minutes going through one hundred plus marbles for me that I saved through the year as ALLEY. I asked him if he could go through them and help me identify if in fact they all were ALLEY. There was no hesitation at all, he said bring them over. He identified all the marbles for me and even told me which were good ones, hard to find. I ended up with Ravenswood, with two really hard to find examples.One of which several peple said you could look for ten years and not find it, I had it. Heatons, Davis and Alley. One of the marbles was a hard to find Davis marble, there were two so I offered him one and he would not take it. He said he was doing this because he wanted to, he would not take anything, not even a dinner. He was so nice it really makes being his friend easy. Along with all that he spent time on and off all weekend telling me about the different WV marble makers, I learned so much this weekend from him.

:cool-smileys-262: THANK YOU Ron Shepherd :cool-smileys-262:

You are truly a friend and great person. You make coming all the way down to WV worth it :music-rocker-001:

If you ever get to meet Ron, you will be graced!

SNYD

Check out Ebay, I see there are three of them in a group listed.

SNYD

The cosmos has been rippling with reverberations of some out-of-this-world MK aventurines which showed up in Sistersville. Does anyone have any pictures/news about those?

the traffic was good...hot and windy friday and saturday was a perfect day...sold lots of vitro and transitionals...sold lots of jabo classics but not so much of the private runs...i also sold lots of flea mkt items like hot wheel cars and western paperbacks and cookie cutters...sold glassware and pottery stuff,too...the locals usually buy the flea mkt stuff....

Agree with Duffy Hot as heck Friday and it wasnt slow but it is a work day for most floks so it wasnt packed but still had a steady crowd all day.

Sat was sweet!!! Weather was perfect and the crowd was good all day!!

Seemed like there were plenty of buyers and due to it being a "festival" and not just a straight out "marble show" I saw a more diverse crowd than usual.