Cool Cats

jeeperman

• 1 month later...

Would the Vitro eight-fingers be considered cats?

I would like to see a photo of some of the different color combos they come in.

The only two I have are small ones 9/16, one amber with white fingers, and one cobolt with white.

Lets see whats out there!

The Eight-Finger's marbles could be considered cat's but it might also be considered heresy. Even Castle & Peterson in their landmark book broached the subject of numerous ol' standby marbles (Master Sunbursts, Peltier Sunsets,, etc.) having distinct cat's-eye characteristics in the manner of their making. It is very much still open to debate I believe.

I'd have to say that Winnie's cat's-eye with Black & Brown vanes in addition to white in blue glass is about as an unusual color combination and rare color usages in an uncommon blue medium as you will ever find in a cat's-eye. Of course, I know with that said someone will right away top it for rarity, nevertheless it's a winner.

I would characterize Chordus's cat's as possibly collapsed Cage Style cat's.

Rich's 16 vane I believe was discussed elsewhere and could as easily be Vacor as Master but I'd go with Master. Sometimes it's a toss up with Master as to whether it's a Sunburst or a Cat's-Eye.

I'd weigh in with Vitro cages on Nancy's cat's although some are a bit wild but not wild enough to be random swirling.

And lest anyone have doubts.......Vitro Hybrids rule! David