Decatur, Il Marble Show - Anyone Go?

greg11

CACKID One of the best shows i,ve been to at decatur,was there friday and saturday.Chuck put on another great show,more important than what I bought ,is the things I learned about marbles .Thanks chuck and all who atended had a great time, sorry it had to end!!!!!

Great show! Thanks Chuck.

I had a great time Thurs, Fri and Sat. Sold a few bought a few and learned a lot. Met a lot of great people too.

Scored some great furnace mibs, I will post pics soon.

DAN

I would really like to thank you all for coming to the show and i try extensivly to make each one better and better. Sometimes it always dont go that way and i do make a few mistakes but try to correct them immediatly. My desires for the future is to try to keep the shows here going forward and teaching as much about marbles as i have learned over all these years. I have found that even the shows here i learn more and more each one i attend wheather it be here or some other show. Ron S really enlightened me on how some of the marble machines ran and the shears and cut lines. This is the kind of information that really puts things togather on part of the many aspects of collecting. We all must remember that the more information that gets out there and is taught to others the more of a desire for them to start or add marbles to their collections. Hunting those great pieces of art work in glass is sometimes difficult especially the rarer pieces but the EXCITMENT is the hunt for it. The regulars that attend the show here are just like family and what other fun is there outside of being with family and learing and looking for wonderful marbles, they go togather great. Oh yes i will miss Everett Grist very much and wanted those who knew him to remember him a long time into the future. Thanks everyone for attending!!!

I heard from 2 differant people at the show,that the manager from Jabo,wasnt there,this show.I asked them "who" it was,and they described the person as being over 6 feet tall,redish blond hair,and he was goofier than Goofy.Im not quite sure I met that manager,at Jabo.Maybe he has a desk at another marble factory,or something?----BAH HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAH,,,,,,CRAP!---I fell off of Rons chair!!!!!!!!!!!!

That is a very cool Pelt, Ryan. And nice pics, Terry. I especially like the last one. You think Ron had any fun? I sure did. Great folks and great marbles, for sure. Here's one I got on trade . . . from a remote location. And I probably wouldn't have had to work as hard to make the thing myself as I did to get it . . . I darn near had to grovel. lol

2589843390104684377S425x425Q85.jpg

As usual Chuck did a great job and the show was fun. Learned more about machine mades than I really care to :character-smileys-238:

But did have a great visit with good friends and managed to bring a couple great hand made marbles home to the collection.

Thanks Checuk. See back in Decatur in the fall or next spring.

Scott