Popeyes

Hi David, one popeye came from my nephew and the other came from my x-neighbor who came over to see me and brought the better one of the two. They both came from two different groups of popeyes that two old men had for years in their collections. I did take a very strong loop and light to thourghly inspect them to make double sure they were the real deal. In my opinion they are because of all of akros traits they have in them. With all the collections hitting the market place, you never know what can be found. Chuck G--

If you said the four color one had more of a red than oxblood, I would like it more. Oxblood in popeyes is super are IMHO. That being said they are both awesome! Is there any damage or little nicks? That would make me like them even more. The construction looks correct to me, but I don't collect alot of akro. I would like to hear zaboos opinion.

Craig

Hi Dani, yes its true black from my inspection with a strong light and a 40 power loop. I have another black popeye and the colors are the same black as well as an akro smokey cornelian that i bought from Mary Maslanka in Ammana a couple years back, and she will confirm that. I do believe that akro did have and make true black in some of their glass formulas, why not when they made childs toy dish sets and other glass items in true black. Thats my opinion, and for the market value of such a popeye, only saying its up there. Chuck G--

WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR OTHER BLACK POPEYE! (I assume it's the black and yellow) we had a couple, But one of the board members here got one of them.. lol So now we only have one... but always LOVE to see 'em and always looking for them!