Peltier National Line Rainbo Corkscrews

I have the following item on EBay: My link and have it identified as a Peltier National Line Rainbo Corkscrew. It has four ribbons, the first starting at the top pole then linking with the second and spiraling from top to bottom pole with the four linked end to end in a spiral. I've always called these Peltier corkscrews, but an EBay user has taken me to task, saying that only Akro made corkscrews.

What's your opinion?

That may depend on what is the correct definition for a corkscrew. I have no doubts that i have seen many corkscrews from manufactuers other than Akro. Not as standard production,but they do happen with most all companies. It is simple Akro did not make the only,ever,made corkscrew type marble. They may have been the only one to do it as a standard production item.

Are these all Akro corks or popeyes?

post-91-130740360136_thumb.jpg

post-91-130740362646_thumb.jpg

One is not Akro. Several collectors,expierenced,some over 30yrs had this quiz at the Decatur show this spring. They failed. Some of you may have seen this marble. No trick or touched up photos. For me a non Akro cork,that was not standard production. Which one?

Kudos Ron, love to see great posts like this and this way we all learn using comparitivity to other marbles in the photos. I reviewed it a few times and i guessed wrong to. This is where we all learn and spark even more interest in collecting them. Great job my friend!!! Chuck G--

I have a number of broken corkscrews in different sizes. Being in the mid-west I might come accross them more than those of you in other parts of the country. I think they are a variation of the NLR and I have attributed them to the machine operator.

Ed