Huge Fisher Jewel Tray

those are good...i have had some of em and they always are fast sellers....i think the smaller ones fit inside the bigger ones so thats what master means...nice find...i would try just water to take the adhesive off....i wouldnt scrape it or nothin like that...

Nice tray- these are definitely rarer than small ones. They come in several different colors including at least these that I have (black,red, salmon, green, tourquise , yellow and I have one in tourquoise and white alternate colors). Also come in brass (most) and chrome metal. If you want toi trade it for some marbles drop me a line.

Don (poplarhead)

As mentioned above, these say Master on the bottom. I recently picked up a collection that had been packed in the basement 20 years ago following the owner's death. He had collected extensively in the 1960s, 1970s and 1980s. The collection included 52 small jewel trays and 1 of these larger ones. That's probably a pretty good indicator of the relative ratio of large ones you find to small ones.

try lighter fluid! it will or should soften the glue. it also works great for removing old tape on cardboard too. it will lift the glue, and evaporates leaving no trace. just an old trick, but it seems to work the best. if it's really stubborn, try nail polish remover, the acetone type.

Nice tray BTW!

Thanks everyone, got most of the gunk of without any damage to the metal or scratching. It reader Fisher Master-Jewel Tray Pat. 2094529 DES99857. Anyone know what year that dates to?

Patent for tray granted June 2, 1936 H.A.Fisher (Art Fisher with Vitro Agate). He filed on October 21, 1935. I doubt these were made in early 1940s due ot war demand for metal so probably mid to late 1930s and maybe after war. I think general consensus is these rtrays were sold in late 1930s. I have attached patent info.

Don

D99857_DESIGN_FOB_A_TRAY1.pdf

Patent for tray granted June 2, 1936 H.A.Fisher (Art Fisher with Vitro Agate). He filed on October 21, 1935. I doubt these were made in early 1940s due ot war demand for metal so probably mid to late 1930s and maybe after war. I think general consensus is these rtrays were sold in late 1930s. I have attached patent info.

Don

The other number describes manufacturing information and is dated 1937. What is neat is it refers to the lamps that he later trialed some limited manufacture. My copy was to big to upoad but you can gpo to Google patent page and search for it.

Don